Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Chainafire 3D For Nokia 500 Belle.

Sage
Akash_satpathi
Accepted Solution

Chainafire 3D For Nokia 500 Belle.

Hello,

I want Chainafire 3D for Nokia 500 Belle ,because it has no 3D GPU So i can't run many games in this phone.So Is Chainafire 3D is available for Symbian Belle OS or any other same type apps.Please tell me.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

Cant install in 500 as this is with Symbian OS

If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Please use plain text.
Sage
Akash_satpathi

Ok, So does there is another same as like chainafire 3D apps for symbian belle...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

[ Edited ]

Akash_satpathi wrote:
Ok, So does there is another same as like chainafire 3D apps for symbian belle...

If you're referring to Chainfire3D. then no, there isn't anything like that for the Nokia 500. Besides, you would still need a GPU in the phone for that application to function.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
morex

helps symbian developers for gaming hd games on nokia 500 . I think you are able to develop a software similar as chainfire 3d for android (with this software samsung galaxy y can play hd games also doesn't have a gpu 3d) I'm sorry for bad english.Thank you.      

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

morex wrote:

helps symbian developers for gaming hd games on nokia 500 . I think you are able to develop a software similar as chainfire 3d for android (with this software samsung galaxy y can play hd games also doesn't have a gpu 3d) I'm sorry for bad english.Thank you.      

According to the developer of Chainfire3D the application is an intermediary OpenGL driver set that allows you to take control of the GPU to apply extra settings to help games run better. He also makes no mention of the Galaxy Y in the list of tested devices.

Besides, the Galaxy Y only has a 3" screen with a resolution of 240 x 320 so it's not built for HD games in the first place.

Are you absolutely sure that the Galaxy Y is able to run proper HD games using that app?

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
Akash_satpathi

I only here about that and does Symbian Developers can't make any application which can help Nokia 500 to run HD games.
Please use plain text.
morex

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

morex wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOftSksZapg

Fair enough. Looks like the Galaxy Y is supported for Chainfire3D. 

The problem now is for someone interested enough in Symbian to develop a similar app for Nokia devices but most developers/hackers have gone over to Android. If you like you can try and ask Chainfire if there is a Symbian version possible.

http://www.chainfire.eu/

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
Akash_satpathi

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Akash_satpathi wrote:

Check Here Friends :smileysad:  :- http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Discussion/showthread.php?235532-Chainafire-3D-For-Symbian-...

So, according to the answer you got from the Nokia Developer Moderator the 500 is the only S^3 phone that would benefit from an emulator to play HD games. With that in mind no-one would be willing to put the time and effort into creating an emulator to play HD games.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
Akash_satpathi

Yes
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mockerr

[ Edited ]

i want to trade my ovi maps and nokia store app, with this chainfire like app... both are rubbish,, btw my phone is nokia 500 belle refresh, is that possible?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Mockerr wrote:

i want to trade my ovi maps and nokia store app, with this chainfire like app... both are rubbish,, btw my phone is nokia 500 belle refresh, is that possible?

No, it is not possible. Have another read of the thread previously linked to (assuming you bothered to read it in the first place) to get a good understanding of why Chainfire app is unfeasible.

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Discussion/showthread.php?235532-Chainfire-3D-For-Symbian-P...

Ray.

Please use plain text.