Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Change System Font?

Counsellor
jezston

Change System Font?

Hi. I've been looking around for info on how to do this but have been getting some conflicting and confusing information.

I want to change the system font on my Nokia N8 because I don't like it. I don't find it comfortable to read, and I especially don't like that *everything* takes on this font - even web pages which use their own font, in the N8 browser this is always changed to Nokia's font!

My research seems to have offered me three options for changing the font.

Method 1: Installing a couple of unsigned apps that apparently only actually works on S60 smartphones and is likely to just not work or even break the N8.

Method 2: Involves copying some fonts renamed to a specific folder on a memory card - however for some bizarre reason if you do this you can no longer access the Ovi Store!

Method 3: Installing an application from the Ovi Store that is designed to let you change the system font, however no one who mentions this says what this app is called so I fear they may be talking nonsense and no such app exists!

So is there any way to change the N8 font that actually works and doesn't mess up the phone?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

I think you may have answered your own question. You would have to install extra fonts, but they may be unsupported thereby corrupting the phone.

What about changing themes?  A different theme would use a different font, perhaps?

Word has it that the upcoming Firmware update includes a boat load of new themes. It might therefore include new font sets as-well.

Cheers.

Ray

Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

jezston wrote:

Method 3: Installing an application from the Ovi Store that is designed to let you change the system font, however no one who mentions this says what this app is called so I fear they may be talking nonsense and no such app exists!

So is there any way to change the N8 font that actually works and doesn't mess up the phone?

I'm happy with the font used on my phone so have no need for such an app but I did search on Ovi Store (I used "font changer" as the search term) which led me to http://store.ovi.com/content/57189?clickSource=search which would appear to do what you want.

N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jezston

Thanks, I had seen that (although for some reason the Ovi store is not working right now), was just wondering if there was a known working and recommended app. For all I know this one might only work on S60!

Looking forwards to whatever updates Nokia release.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jezston

Wait, no. Font Zoomer Lite is not availble in my local Ovi Store, the full version (£4) which is has comments on the review stating it does not work on the N8.

Please use plain text.
Tracnac

Hi,

The lite version works fine for the N8. But the demo font that come with it is a little bit limited (No lowercase and some problem with characters...)

Yvan.

Please use plain text.
Tracnac

I confirm that the ovi store app don't work anymore after changing font

Yvan.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jezston

That's a shame - and what a bizarre side effect!

Please use plain text.
Sage
Symbian_fan

There is a nice app in Ovi store called Flip-font. It doesn't support N8 (or any S^3 devices) currently. But it worked really well for 5800. The 3 fonts came with it are very nice and you can download more fonts by just doing a Google search. I hope Flip-Font will be available for S^3 soon and as far as i know it didn't had any side effects. 

http://store.ovi.com/content/20038?clickSource=publisher+channel&terminalId=N8-00

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

I've changed the fonts on my N97  and would think the same procedure would work with the N8 (second method you suggested) I've not had a problem, but there could be issues with your warranty if you have a problem so try it at your own risk !!

http://thehandheldblog.com/2009/01/27/how-to-change-fonts-on-the-5800/

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jezston

Thank you guys but unfortunately these are methods discussed earlier that, while they may work, have the unpleasant and inexplicable side effect of breaking the Ovi Store app.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bunny16

Change System Font?

hey... i want to change font of my nokia x6..

downloaded flipfont app from ovi store but even after installing it is not working..

can u plz help me n give me some solution how to change the font for

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

There are solutions already posted here !! Try them !

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
X6flipfont

Flip Font worked for me in x6 once but now i am able to install but it is not running.

Any Suggestions..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

[ Edited ]

It's not reccommended that you change your font on your phone, so you take the risk if you do, I did :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JaguAhir

change font nokia n8 check it

http://www.latestadda.com/how-to-change-fonts-in-nokia-n8.html

Thank you,

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Any modifications to the Nokia device operating system is not recommended and any links to websites which encourage this is not advised. As stated in the forum guidelines, the sole purpose of Nokia Support Discussions is to make it possible for Nokia phone owners to help each other with the use of existing Nokia products and services. Please avoid other topics, even if related to Nokia and its products. If you are still unclear, please refer to the forum guidelines here

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.