Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Change T9 settings

DamoN
Accepted Solution

Change T9 settings

Hello everyone,

I recently bought the C5. It's something to get used to but it worked out for me so far.

There is, however, one thing that I do not like: In my old phone T9 meant to press the # key to switch to the next word. Now, it opens a list and I have to confirm the word I want to select from that list. Is there anyway to disable that feature so that it works "in the old way"?

Thanks for your help!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Change T9 settings

when your have your text ready to write select options
go to input options,you will see deactivate prediction(try this) and settings in settings there is word auto complete try turn this off

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
DamoN

Hey Jimmy,

I already did that. However, this list continues to pop up. What turning off those features did was to turn of the completion and suggestion of words (That was really annoying as well though). But is there any way to stop this list with popping up? I want the pound key to go through the words directly...

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

no there is no other setting on phone only than what ive mentioned

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
DamoN

well okay then. Thanks for your help though :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

you are welcome

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
axcbd

hello ! i have the same problem with the new T9 on my C5-00, but now i like the new T9

turn off word auto complete 

then use the new T9 like a old T9 = write letters , push (* ) , it opens a popup list ,pushing the  (*) go to the 1. word on list ,  pushing (*) next  word(*) next world ...find the needed word and now with  the navigation button right (>) end the pop up list and write the next letter without space between worlds...

when you end  the pop up list with (OK)  navigation key , the new T9 end the word with space... When you end pop up list with navigation key right (>) the word end without space on end of world... .

Please use plain text.