Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Change language package?

Registered Member
izzieizzie

Change language package?

I bought a phone that showed out to have English and French as its language pack, but I need the Scandinavian. I can't even write SMS messages in my own language with this phone, which is hopeless. Can I change the language pack easily to Scandinavian languages, and how? It's a Nokia 5230.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: Change language package?

You will need to take it to a Nokia care point to install any language pack!
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
avadhutr

Change language package?

I bought a  Nokia 5230 3G mobile that showed only English as its language pack, but I need the Hindi also. I can't even write SMS messages in my own language with this phone, which is hopeless. Can I change the language pack easily to Hindi languages, and how? It's a Nokia 5230.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Your questions have already been answered by the posts above.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
olebuhl

According to what I have been informed from Nokia service partner i Denmark telephone will always go back to the initial language after performing an update of the telephone software and the costly update with a Danish (or other) language pack will then be lost. Anyone aware if this is really true ???

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

Recent phones that have 'User Data Protection' should conserve an added language pack in a normal software update via NSU or Ovi Suite, though added packs would be lost if the phone was hard-reset or re-flashed by a Nokia service point.

Please use plain text.
Professor
babis3g

i am sorry if i am little thick

i have a nokia 5800

if i take it to nokia care and install an other package then IF i will update it just from the software update provided by the phone over the air option which is in my phone by typing *has0000 and not via pc or other service or reset ... will be lost???

please advise

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
olebuhl

Thanks for your comments.... However, how will I know if my telephone has "user data protection" ??

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
avadhutr

I bought a Nokia 5230 3G mobile that showed only English as its language pack, but I need the Hindi also. I can't even write SMS messages in my own language with this phone, which is hopeless. Can I change the language pack easily to Hindi languages, and how? It's a Nokia 5230.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AbdulM308

Do you have to pay for the language pack?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

AbdulM308 wrote:

Do you have to pay for the language pack?

Yes..In all probabilities...

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

If you can manage with english language in the menus and you can deal with just having additional writing language, you may install swype from Nokia Betalabs.

Swype from Nokia Betalabs

A lot of language packs (more than 30) are available in swype, dont know about Hindi though.

I use it on Nokia 701 with english menus and swedish writing language for instance.

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nazirak

my cellphone 5233. Is not availble Hindi language please atvice me.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Same advice as given in the 2nd post at the top of this thread

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
shaar2401

I have nokia 500. I have taken my device to nake care (opera house India) but they told me that they dont install language pack. Why did they said that?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Didn't you ask them WHY ? And also, then WHO DOES ? Contact Nokia India thru' the 'Nokia Support' tab at the bottom of this page and get clarification ...

Please use plain text.
Ehsaan786

i install dictionary's hindi language but i search a mining then flashed other language plzz help
Please use plain text.