Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Come on Nokia, why no built in wifi Hotspot ?

Counsellor
nickb99

Come on Nokia, why no built in wifi Hotspot ?

Why is it that even budget Android smartphones have a wifi hotspot feature built in and Nokia Belle does not?

Before some troll points it out, I KNOW that I can buy a third party app to provide this function but to me that is nowhere near as good as built-in and manufacturer supported.

I understand that the N9 has the function (Joiku) app presinstalled but looking at the other posts on here for that phone it seems that its not really a 'proper' hotspot, and does not always work well.  I just ordered a C5-03 for my other half and was very close to choosing an Android phone just because of the ease of use of the wifi hotspot feature for her.

So interested to hear your comments. Maybe if many people here agree with me then someone at Nokia will notice, and we will all see a wifi hotspot feature in future editions of Symbian ^3  :smileyhappy:

Now running a 701, beautiful phone to handle and use...now that it has stopped sending my personal information to Nokia via 360Panel [rolls eyes]
Please use plain text.