Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Communities Application is not working in my Nokia...

shivajimukherje

Communities Application is not working in my Nokia C2-03

Communities application in my new C2-03 is not working while clicking on it its showing "Invalid Application, Delete?" . Also in the Home screen in the place where used to show my Facebook icon it is showing "Waiting". I tried to restore factory setting and updating software through OVI suite, but it doesn't help. Please help. How can I set it right?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Re: Communities Application is not working in my Nokia C2-03

Hi,

There is new sw 6.96 available depending on the country and operator variants.

So please check the new sw availability in your area by visiting or calling to the Nokia Care Point.

To find your nearest Nokia Care Point, visit http://www.nokia.com/support and select the Repair page.

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sanjubaba

i hv also same problem.....
Please use plain text.
vte_ro

Only very few applications can access the Internet on C2-06

mahayv wrote:

Hi,

There is new sw 6.96 available depending on the country and operator variants.

So please check the new sw availability in your area by visiting or calling to the Nokia Care Point.

To find your nearest Nokia Care Point, visit http://www.nokia.com/support and select the Repair page.

Br

Mahayv

Hi Mahayv,

I live in Romania and I bought this phone on January 3rd.

I am a little bit disappointed, other contributors have been showing different drawbacks of this phone - to mostly I subscribe myself, mainly the battery life.

For me there is one serious problem I was not able to solve although I was exploring at length different resources avalaible on the Internet.

It is about the access to the Internet. I have two cards both on Vodafone Romania with a valid data plan and for both I received the configuration SMS from the operator and used it properly; now my two cards allow data access to Vodafone live! I also configured properly on the phone one access point to Vodafone live!

Some data access features work, like: Nokia browser, Maps, data modem from Nokia Suite (only on SIM1 though), Web search, also some version updating worked.

Many others do not work like: Communities (not able to download update and looping forever), Mail setup (same as before), Chat (same as before), Opera, Ovi Store.

Under the circumstances I tried after reading different posts, like your reply quoted, to upgrade my firmware. The latest version available in my region is 6.96, although I noticed that there is anew version 6.97 available for other language packs. I do not know if 6.97 would solve my problem, but I really need the mail application connecting to my professional account working (not the access to Gmail etc from the browser).

Your advice and help will be most welcomed,

Thanks,

Vlad 

Please use plain text.
SUNI0208

Communities application in my new C2-03 is not working while clicking on it its showing "Invalid Application, Delete?" . Also in the Home screen in the place where used to show my Facebook icon it is showing "Waiting". I tried to restore factory setting and updating software through OVI suite, but it doesn't help. Please help. How can I set it right?

Please use plain text.
bren_halili16

nokia C2-03 internet browser not working

Hi Sir,

How about the problem with the internet browser, i was surfing in my phone then suddenly nokia browser update pop-up, its says that there was a new nokia browser and needed to be downloaded for better and faster surfing , what i do is i dowload it. But after its done downloaded and install to my device its saying that "NOT VALID APPLICATION". When i was about to click my internet icon in my phone menu im sad that theres nothing happen its not working and not responding anymore. what should i need to do? im hoping for your immediate response. Thanks and Godbless.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Re: nokia C2-03 internet browser not working

For this you need to reinstall the firmware using Nokia Suite.

Connect your phone to a computer & select Nokia Suite mode. If you do not have Nokia Suite on your pc you can download it from here. Now open the Nokia Suite & click on the “green icon of arrow pointing downwards”.

If any updates are available they will be shown in ‘green’. If not you may reinstall the current version. Reinstall option is shown in ‘blue’. If no option to reinstall is shown, please wait for sometime it will become visible.  Then the Nokia Suite will download the new software version of the phone. After it you will be prompted to take a complete back up of the device content. Please do not skip this step as reinstallation will erase all the personal data from the phone like contacts, messages, calendar entries etc.

Please note that if you have set a memory card password & you have forgotten its code then take a backup of the card data also as the card will be locked after update and can only be unlocked if you enter the correct code or by ways mentioned in this thread.

Also note that while updating the device ensure the following things-

1. The device is full charged.
  2. The internet connection Is of good speed & has a backup in case of power loss.
  3. The PC should also be connected to back up power source as if the process is interrupted the phone may go dead. More on update failure & its remedies here.
  4. Please do not run any resource intensive programs in the background while updating as it may freeze the PC which in turn will lead to a dead device.
  5. Ignore all the windows pop-up notifications about device being disconnected.

DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE UNTIL UPDATE IS COMPLETED.

1. It will be better if you disable security keyguard & PIN code request before proceeding with Update/Reinstallation.

If any problem persists please visit the nearest authorised Nokia Care Centre.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rahul9518

I have experieced the same problem. Nokia service centre solved this problem by updating new software. But after few days the problem is continuing.
Please use plain text.
cnmeysam

Re: nokia C2-03 internet browser not working

hi
why after update nokia c2-03 communities removed?
Invalid Application, Delete?
i reinstall the firmware 10 time but dont fix this problam pleas help me
Please use plain text.
cnmeysam

Re: nokia C2-03 communities not working

any body is not here? whay after update communities not working after select that  say ( Invalid application Delete? ) (Yes     No) if i select yes Warns to me (Not allowed)(Ok) how i can fix this problam?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
samwar

Hi, this is sam. Your community app still not working... After updating the software. You dont have a link to download it or a facebook app like whatsapp on which we could be able to get notifications on the home screan only? Is it possible.. I think it will be
Please use plain text.