Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Connecting laptop to nokia E71

perryd04

Connecting laptop to nokia E71

Hi i just got a Nokia E71 from straight talk i was wandering if i could use it to connect my laptop to the internet if so how can i do that. I have downloaded  pc suite on my computer but its having trouble connecting to the internet. Thanks in advance for the help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: Connecting laptop to nokia E71

[ Edited ]

Hi, check out this tutorial first to make sure you do it the correct way: http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/pc-suites/how-to/connect-to-the-web

If your device is brand new, I would check that you have the right internet acces point settings installed in your device. If you are missing internett and mms settings, you should usually be able to get them from your service providers internet site. If you cannot find it there, give them a call.

You will have to connect using your service providers net on your phone, beware of that if you don't have a surf plan, I would check out the costs.

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

You should provide us with some more information about what kind of trouble you do face. Any error messages?

Check ouy this thread also: /t5/Connectivity/Can-t-connect-to-internet-using-Nokia-PC-Suite-6600-Fold/m-p/829617/highlight/true#...

Please use plain text.
perryd04

Thanks for the help.. When it tries to connect to the internet it says that it failed to establish network connection. Im new to this so all the help i appreciated..

Please use plain text.
perryd04

I have internet on the straight talk  phone E71 (trackfone)  i just dont know if i could connect it and use it on my laptop..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

[ Edited ]

Edit: Try first to access internet using your on board nokia browser (not connected to pc). 

If that doesn't work, I would contact straight talk make sure you have the right data plan, correct internett accespoint settings.

Do this first.

I believe you should be able to use your phone as a modem if you have the option to acces internet on your device.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

[ Edited ]

Reading some posts regarding to this issue tells me that it might be that straight talk does not allow this to happen. At least with some other mobile makes.

The E71 it self has this option, but it could be that straight talk has limited this on this phone too.

Call straight talk first and ask if this can be done!

If it should be possible, we can try to look at other solutions.

Please use plain text.
perryd04

Will do.... Thanks for your help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

No problem!

I've looked at the terms and conditions for straight talk, and under section 7, if I did understand it correctly, it says that their unlimited plans cannot be used for any applications that tether your device to a laptop or personal computer. And that you cannot access internet in any other way than by using the device's native applications etc.

So give them a call, but it looks like it won't do. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.