Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Connection Error Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Advisor
sunzeal

Connection Error Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have Nokia 5230 it has Symbian 9.4, 5th Edition

I am having some strange problem with my mobile, don't know what to do.

So here is my problem :-

When i insert Tata Docomo Sim Card in my 5230, and whenever i try to call any one it says Connection Error and am not able to call anyone, nor able to receive any, although the network signal is full.

When i removed Docomo simcard, and inserted Reliance in 5230, than it works fine and i am able to send & receive calls.

When i put that Same Docomo simcard in Motorola, than it also works fine.

Why does Docomo simcard shows Connection Error in Nokia and works fine in Motorola??

So i am freaked out. What exactly the problem is ??????

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Re: Connection Error Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here i ditched TATA DOCOMO because of this problem but i didn't test it with any other phone manufacturer though. I have had disgraceful experiences using TATA DOCOMO the settings menu won't respond when u insert their SIM card and their GPRS sucks big time BTW i am using A.P Circle SIM card. You can try searching for Networks manually.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sunzeal

no, its not problem of Tata, it works fine in my motorola.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Sometimes if a phone is branded (or even if it's not) you may need to contact whoever supplies your sim card to get them to send the settings required to your handset, try contacting your service provider, they should be able to solve your problem. This doesn't seam to be a Nokia/Handset problem !!

Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sunzeal

i think for India, we don't need to get such settings for cell phones etc and other stuffs, and Docomo was working fine from past 1 month, and even works fine for sometime after i restart my phone, than after 10 mins, i get connection error.

Please use plain text.