Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Copy sms to computer

Advisor
Yvehia
Accepted Solution

Copy sms to computer

I would like to copy and save smses to my computer from Nokia N97 MY Folders in Messaging. Can this be done please? On which memory would smses or My folders in Messaging be? I cannot locate the messaging folder in C memory or E memory.

thanks

best wishes

Yve

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: Copy sms to computer

You can back up your messages using ovi suite pr pc suite. You can also save your sms's by exporting it as a file to your computer using e. g. Pc suites communication centre which is a feature within Pc suite.

When you connect your phone to computer using Nokia Pc suite, you should be able to view all folders within the C-centre and from there you can export your messages or import previous saved once.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Yvehia

How do I get to ovi suite  / pc suite please?

thanks

Yve

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Yvehia

Me again...what is the folder containing messages in C centre called?

How can I get ovi suite/pv suite?

many thanks.

Yve

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

[ Edited ]

You can download Ovi suite from here: Ovi suite

You can download Nokia Pc suite from here: Nokia PC suite

I've just started to use Ovi suite with my new E7, so I don't know too much about that software, but you can back up your messages at least with it.

Nokia PC suite works with your device and has the communication centre which is easy to use. If you have a computer which is a bit older or slow, I suggest Pc suite as it seems to run a bit better and lighter.

You find the exe files to download on the bottom of the page on both sites.

When you have installed pc suite, you run it and connect your phone using e.g usb cable which is the best option. Open the Communication centre and all folders in your messaging app on your phone should show. You can from there read all your messages and export them to your computer.

You can also make a back up with content copier. You can back up contacts etc which is nice to have if anything should go wrong.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

With the OVI Suite you may use the Sync function also.. Connect the phone to PC..In the OVI Suite.. click on the Envelope Icon.. Then goto Sync-->Sync Now-->Messages..Once the sync completes you will see all the messages in the OVI Suite..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Yvehia

Thank you so much. I managed to copy the sms and made backups.....

thanks

Yvie

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Yvehia

many many thanks - managed so far
Yve
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Yvehia

I managed with PC suite. I'll try Ovi suite as well next time on another computer...what is the difference between the two please? Which is the more recent?

thanks a million

Yve

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

No problem Yvehia. Glad I could help you! :smileyhappy:

Ovi suite is more recent and whats going to be the main software. Pc suite is slowly getting phased out, however, you should be able to use pc suite as long as you have it on your computer. It might not get many new updates or new features, but you can use it for what you have used it for now.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

As alternative you can try http://www.bloove.com , it allows to backup and export your sms in comma separated values format via simple web interface. You can even copy them from Nokia to Android smartphone.
Please use plain text.