Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Delete access points - Nokia C7

Advisor
Ovidius
Accepted Solution

Delete access points - Nokia C7

Is there any way to delete the Access Point created for the Nokia C7? I don't find this option anywhere. Moreover, I don't find any option to deasign the currently created access point from Internet and WAP Services. Has anyone a clue about this. I have read some posts for the other phones but for Nokia C7 I couldn't find a way.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Delete access points - Nokia C7

[ Edited ]

Don't you have these options...

Destination-->Select and open the Access Point -->Options-->Delete...

or 

Menu-->Settings and Connectivity-->Settings....

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

set to offline , menu-settings-connectivity-destinations-internet-options then organise or delete to set the priority or delete the access point ! Hope this helps :smileywink:

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ovidius

[ Edited ]

Thanks to both of you for the reply. This is exactly the issue. In the Network destination I have: Internet or WAP services. There is no Options delete button/way and therefore I cannot delete them. I have only the following options listed: "Show open aps / New access point / User guide / Exit"

Each time I am opening the GPS application, it says that a network connection is required and I am asked to define an access point in order to connect. If I am creating one, I definetely cannot remove it or at least I haven't been able to remove it.

Please use plain text.
Professor
pudu

i hope you are not trying to delete internet folder. under destination - internet(open internet folder), there is an access point name, you can select it, goto option and delete it. Am i right?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If you do not want GPS to use network data..

In Maps (Spanner Icon)... set to OFFLINE...  also under Location-->Positioning Methods.. set only Integrated GPS..

Now it should not ask for network connection in Maps application..

Also did you check under..

Menu-->Settings and Connectivity-->Settings....

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Patje1968

Did you buy your C7 unlocked are in pack from a provider? In the last case it could be that you are not allowed to make any changes or delete certain acces points due to your C7's software being tweaked by your provider.

N8-Wizard !!! Click the white star if you are happy with my help !!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
blue_crim

long-press the access point you want to delete... options to delete, rename, etc... will appear :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ovidius

That worked! Many thanks!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ovidius

Good to know. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cleopatra2007

hey...thanks all you guys...i have been trying to input and set up all the settings, on my C7, some sites i could go on some i could'nt..and never knew how to delete and move the web/gprs settings...phew... all works now.

cheers guys.

Please use plain text.