Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Delete unfinished install

Advisor
klerigo

Delete unfinished install

Hello

I have a N8-00 phone with a c: memory low problem. Checking c: with x-plore filemanager I have found many files coming from a quickoffice install attempt that didn't finish because there wasn't enough space in c: when I tried to install.

Now I cannot remove those files from x-plore (permission denied) and I cannot uninstall the quickoffice application because it never installed properly. Is there a way to remove those files? (apart from reinstalling from scratch the phone, which is what i pretend to avoid)

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Tricky that. My suggestion is to backup your data only, hard reset and reinstall apps from scratch. This is the best to have a clean phone again. You will find you don't need half the apps you had on it before anyway. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
klerigo

I hoped someone could give me a less aggresive alternative. Is there any?

Is there no way to remove those files? I am 100% sure that they are not in used nor needed, as the app never installed properly..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The hard reset is not aggressive. YOur phone collects a lot of stuff and memory creeps. I used to hard reset my phone every time I updated the firmware. It is lik buying a new phone because the phone gets quicker and every thing works better afterwards. Just like the first day you had the phone.

Possible alternative is to download one of the file managers from the Store and try deleting the files one by one. I used to use one I think it is Y browser. Make sure you know which files to delete. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
junok

Do a hard reset first (press and hold the power button about 8-10 seconds= vibrate twice). After rebooting go to setting and find "Installation" and Uninstalled your unused app to make room to your phone memory. Hope this will help you. The last option is to re-installed the Nokia Belle, follow the instruction prompt from Nokia Suite.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
junok

From Uninstalled, Look for the icon (right hand side of the app) when deleting apps, make sure uninstall from phone memory, not in your mass memory or memory card.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
klerigo

Thanks for your suggestions guys, but I am not sure if I made miself understood.

There is NOT any application icon to uninstall, because the install process didn't finish properly. Doing a hard reset will make that icon appear out of the partially installed files in my C: drive? It doesn't seem very likely to me.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Yes, i do understand. My recommendation is to hard reset to remove any traces of a bad install plus any other bloat the phone may have accumulated over the years.

If you want to try deleting the files manually yourself and you know which files to delete and where they are then you can try the phone browser as I suggested earlier.  I am sure you are aware of the consequences of deleting the wrong file. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
klerigo

Yes, I am aware of making a mistake, but the file browser isn't an option either because when I try to delete the files I get a "permission denied" message.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

OK then connecting to your pc in mass storage mode and see if you are delete from there.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
klerigo

Hello

I tried your suggestion but the folder c:\resource\apps, which contains the files I want to delete, is not visible from my PC's file manager (windows explorer).

Thanks anyway.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Hi,
Try this,
Install NetQin antivirus from Nokia store.
After installation open the the antivirus- sys optimization- app manager and uninstall required app you need. You can select multiple applications and batch uninstall them. It is more powerful uninstaller than normal one.

Hope this helps.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

And do make sure that you donot uninstall unknown apps thinking that they all are bloatware.
They all are important for phone functioning.

Hope this helps.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Advisor
klerigo

Thanks for the tip. I am afraid netQin is not available for Belle so I cannot test it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Hi,
You can download it from netqin website.
http://www.netqin.com/en/antivirus/download/

Please use plain text.
Advisor
klerigo

Hello

I installed the netqin antivirus from the URL you supplied. I looks powerful but it doesn't show any office package so it won't help.

thanks anyway

Please use plain text.