Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Deleted SMS recovery

Contributor
Sagat

Deleted SMS recovery

Hi, can i recover deleted SMS from my nokia e63? it's very important for me.

i used to store my SMS on phone memory.

is there any message storage folder in my phone that maybe i can look up for it?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Deleted SMS recovery

Hi Sagat

Have a look here:http://thinkabdul.com/2008/09/07/tip-recover-read-deleted-sms-text-messages-from-nokia-s60-inbox-usi...

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sagat

i've tried by using X-plorer instead of FExplorer (it's same isn't it?), i've search on all drive C: and D: (memory card) but i did'nt find system folder mentioned. What could be wrong? it's the same version of symbian S60 3rd.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sagat

done. i've found it.

i've done a little trick. Maybe this could help others in future.

1. i change message store folder from C: to the memory card D:

2. then connect my e63 to computer using USB data cable.

3. i choose mass storage as connection type so the memory card will shown as removable USB mass storage.

4. then from windows explorer, start to search message storage folder (one folder by one folder) in that memory card, don't forget to uncheck the hide hidden file... and hide protected operating system on folders and search option, located in view tab.

5. in my case, i found it in folder named private. Maybe location may vary on other phone. the message folder was named mail2. It's not in system folder like they mentioned.

Please use plain text.
Sage
aet419

so finally did u able to recover those deleted sms?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anyalily77

Dear Sagat,

I changed my memory from C: to D: memory card and connected the e63 via USB as suggested and mass storage as connection type but the memory card does not show as removable USB mass storage. Can you let me know where you found this?

thanks!

Anya

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anyalily77

done. i've found it.

i've done a little trick. Maybe this could help others in future.

1. i change message store folder from C: to the memory card D:

2. then connect my e63 to computer using USB data cable.

3. i choose mass storage as connection type so the memory card will shown as removable USB mass storage.

4. then from windows explorer, start to search message storage folder (one folder by one folder) in that memory card, don't forget to uncheck the hide hidden file... and hide protected operating system on folders and search option, located in view tab.

5. in my case, i found it in folder named private. Maybe location may vary on other phone. the message folder was named mail2. It's not in system folder like they mentioned.

WHICH PROGRAMME DID YOU USE TO OPEN THE MESSAGES? I CAN SEE THEY ARE THERE BUT DON'T KNOW WHICH PROGRAMME WILL SHOW ME THE TEXT. I HAVE UNCHECKED TEH HIDDEN FILE TAB BUT COULD NOT LOCATE HIDE PROTECTED OPERATING SYSTEMS ON FOLDERS OR THE SEARCH OPTION.... THANK YOU..... PROPER GRATEFUL IF ANYONE CAN HELP.......

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
frankjorod

hi,  i have deleted my sms from my moblie N8 need to recover it. can any one tell me how to get it back

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
omayer

[ Edited ]

hye

im also using nokia e63 n searching for my deleted messages.

so kindly guide me to that folder step by step from where i can view my deleted messages

your prompt reply would be appreciated.

u can email me the steps on *************@live.com

regards,

omayer emghad

Moderator's note: E-mail address is removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kvdev

[ Edited ]

pls tell me how to recover the deleted messages from my phone memory. not from sim memory.fexplorer is not opening in my pc.pls help me.its emergency.my phone is nokia asha 200

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
divu6

Hey.. as u said.. i got Mail2 folder in "private".. but i din't find any deleted message there :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
airaaashi

i have nokia c5 03 having SENT ITEM capacity of 20 Mssgs i want to restore d Previously deleted mssgs as it has some imp mssgs .Kindly help.
Please use plain text.
alina2013

Hi!

Can i recover deleted SMS from my nokia 5230? is vital for me ....I beseech ... I am desperate!

I used to store my SMS on phone memory.

is there any message storage folder in my phone that maybe i can look up for it?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Hitesh27

I have nokia asha 308... i saved many msg in drafts..bt i dont know whn conversation of tht drafts automatically vanished... so can i get back? Plz Help..it's urgent

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
akanadil

[ Edited ]

dear i deleted some important text messages from my nokia 1280 accedently... plz is there any way to recover those messages which has been deleted two months before from my nokia 1280. plz if there is the way then mail me at XXXXXXXXXXX@gmail.com  

Moderator's Note: The email address was edited out. Please do not publish personal information in a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Ask your local or supreme court. Normally, they have a forensic guy who is called in important trials. That guy might do this job for money for individuals, as well. Its worth a try. However, in some cases he might have to destroy your phone physically to get that information.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SamThePrincess

sagat..u mean that u have deleted a message and u want to get it back?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ghazala

but how to make drives C or D in mobile?

Please use plain text.