Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Disable Security Code on Nokia E5-00

gsing002

Disable Security Code on Nokia E5-00

Hi I configured my nokia e5 exchange mail and it prompt me change the security code (alias lock code) and ever since, the cellphone locks itself after 40 minutes and I have to be entering the code when this happens, also it requests for the code when I turn on the device. I tried to disable it and is not letting me, it shows the error "Unable to unlock phone". Any ideas? will this require a hard reset?

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bellaruki

Re: Disable Security Code on Nokia E5-00

I have exactly the same problem. It is a hassle to enter the keypad code then the unlock code and wait for the process. Is there any solution to removing the lock code function permanently?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

if you get the PAK code for your phone from your service provider , you should be able to change/remove the security code !

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ftesta

What's PAK code?.

Thank's

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kparicharak

Does anyone know solution to this problem? My E5 had no locking code. But when I configured corporate exchange emails, I had to set security code. Now I have switched to Lumia and give E5 to my wife. But now I am not able to find anyway to remove the lock code. I even can not increase the lock duration.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You may have to Soft Reset the phone by dialing *#7370# followed by the code you have set... This will erase all data from the Phone Memory and bring the phone back to Out-of-Box state..Then try again..

Back-up data (only Contacts / Messages / Calendar events) before doing so. Do not back-up Settings ..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
claudio_b_p

Microsoft Exchange servers have policies. To protect sensible information in Microsoft Exchange policies usually is set to force the device to use password.
I don't know if that setting can be overdrived.
Greetings from Paraguay.
Claudio Bogado Pompa.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aaliali47

Disable Security Code on Nokia E
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aliali26

Disable Security Code on Nokia E5