Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Disable "Packet Data"-Connection - How?

uaturk

Re: Disable "Packet Data"-Connection - How?

Yes you are right. I did the settings described above, but I see the message "Select connection: (no data)" when I trying to answer an incoming call. First cancel it then answer the call.

How do I suppress that soul-destroying message?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Unfortunately you have to track down the application responsible to turn it off. The usual culprits are email or social apps such as facebook etc. If you can't track it down, you could consider blitzing everything by doing a hard reset.  

Please use plain text.
ckleow

Need help to turn off the packet data connection

I'm so annoying for the data charges which charged me unnecessary for RM173, which is ridiculous for me, This Nokia C5-03 model was bought only 1 week ago and I'm unable to swtich it off, end up, it charged my bill for this much amount of money, pls tell me how to turn off the packet data connection and I only will use the internet connection while connecting to my hse WIFI connection, I don;t understand why this phone could not swtich off the packet data connection at all...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GongoMatca

Re: Need help to turn off the packet data connection

Same problems as discussed above with a C5-03. Disabled everything, but still on its own, probably by some unknown hidden application, it keeps on trying to establish a data connection.

The only explanation I can find now, is that it is probably someone abusing on my privacy... probabling trying to send my phone usage, text messages, location or even phone call recordings to some server out there!

I'm contacting Europol to investigate... I will let you know the results!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Acerlacher

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS HERE, i WENT THROUGH ON EVERY SETTINGS AND THE PROBLEM PERSIST HERE... IT ONLY HAPPENED WITH THE NEW VERSION OF THE OVI NOKIA MAPS.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
meg_lit

How were you able to delete the access points?? I'm having the exact same problem!!

Please use plain text.
SheldonAlmeida

It is pretty simple to solve and you need not go through the above at all.

All you need to do is go to Menu  Settings  Connectivity  Destinations  Internet
Once you are there select and hold down on Package Data Connection another menu will appear, Select “Disconnect” and you are done.

Should you need to use “Maps” all you need to do is start up “Maps” and select “WAP Services” which will be auto prompted by Nokia on the select connection screen.

Cheers and have fun using the phone.
Please use plain text.
SheldonAlmeida

It is pretty simple to solve and you need not go through the above at all.

All you need to do is go to Menu à Settings à Connectivity à Destinations à Internet

Once you are there select and hold down on Package Data Connection another menu will appear, Select “Disconnect” and you are done.

Should you need to use “Maps” all you need to do is start up “Maps” and select “WAP Services” which will be auto prompted by Nokia on the select connection screen.

Cheers and have fun using the phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nipu011happy

I've passed the problem
1. make sure you've no default connection(if any, remove from default)
2. Set each access point in 'always ask' mood.

In this way no penny will be cut off but you'll be asked to connect to internet frequently :smileysad:

If u activate mail in c5, try updating once a day... check the mail setting about what to load & when to load
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hias

I guess if you change your access point, it may deactive. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
irabati

Re: Need help to turn off the packet data connection

I want to stop the packet data connection from my mobile nokia c5-03, pls help me

Please use plain text.