Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Disable the media player on the 6750 Mural

Registered Member

Disable the media player on the 6750 Mural

Does anyone know how to disable the media player on a 6750 Mural phone? Especially the buttons on the cover? The other day I was sitting in a meeting and the phone was in my pocket on vibrate. My leg hit the table, and the button was pressed, and the media player started playing all the ringtones on my phone! Talk about embarrassment!!!

Anyone know how to disable the media player or at least the buttons on the outside?

Thank you.

Contributor

Please see my reply to your "disable PTT" message.
Registered Member
suncomswitchguy

I found a work around - while it doesn't disable the buttons, it does prevent you from annoying your coworkers and boss due to music playing in the middle of a meeting - go to MENU - select media player - select go to media player - press the down button, this will open the "Now playing" list.  Select "Options"  Delete all songs on the now playing play list.  In this manner, if your outside play button is bumped, it will not play music.

Contributor

Oh cool, that works for me, too.

If  could make one little edit: First select Menu, then select AT&T Music, then proceed as you say (select media player, etc.).

It leaves the music (just effectively disables the outside button). And unlike the PTT button, it does not result in an annoying question every time you accidentally hit it. :smileyhappy:

Thanks bro - Mike

Registered Member
enolan

Model 6350 phone. It has media player buttons on top so when it is closed it sometimes starts playing.

I can delete the playlist but the playlist gets repopulated each time I turn off, then turn on the phone.

After searching for solutions and finding none I popped the front button off and covered the hole with tape. Can't be presssed now.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Enolan, how did you pop the front button off? Please explain in detail - I don't want to mark up this otherwise very nice looking phone.

For anyone interested, here are solutions I found for problems with both the PTT and media player buttons of the Mural.

Moderator Note: Link has been removed. The link contains procedure that invalidates the warranty of the Nokia device and so we do not allow it to be discussed on an official Nokia forum.

dosfera

I understand this is an old thread but hopefully this might be helpful for anyone else looking around online for solutions to this annoyance.

And the phone I found this to work for is the 6350 nokia, but it appears to be very similar to the mural, so I'm posting this here as well as the forum for the 6350 in case it works for this phone as well -
Instead of silencing the player by physically removing its buttons, I simply made it only able to play silence. By making a three or so second long recording of silence using the phone's voice recorder, then saving that recording to an empty folder, and then playing that file, the phone will play only that file from that folder whenever the front button is pressed, instead of playing through your music or ringtones
If you want to listen to other music on the phone though, playing another song would tell the media player to base itself in whatever folder has your songs, instead of the folder with the silent file in it, so once you were done listening you would have to play the recording of silence again to re-base the player in that folder.