Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Disappointed from Nokia N97

Contributor

Disappointed from Nokia N97

HI i purchases a Nokia N97 about a month or two ago. i picked the white version and at the same time my dad picked the black version. over this past month i had so many problems with it such as shutting off for no reason quitting applications for no reason, having a black screen for a few second, etc.

i went to the Nokia Flagship store and they took my phone to diagnose it. They replaced some vibration sensor which did not help at all and my phone kept on having all of those problems. Yesterday i went to the store and they replaced my phone in a new one, now this phone is also messed up. most of the time it gives me this error message: "disk error - cannot complete write retry or data will be lost"

I'm really getting sick of this phone because I'm paying alot more for it since i need to drive to the store and waste so much of my time. 

As i said before my dad has the black version and has non of these problems and errors he's runs smoothly. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

Go back to the store, sounds like they have given you a faulty one as a replacement. It was most likey one that someone else had returned, cleaned up to look like new.

Message Edited by psychomania on 03-Sep-2009 02:53 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

In the store they said now thats the final sale if u have any problems with this we will have to send it to the lab and they'll decide what to do with it. But really I've been using Nokia my whole life i seriously thought of using the iPhone instead since Apple provide a much better service then Nokia. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Your choice, get it sent for repair or cut your losses, sell it and move on.  Mentioning apple or iphone isn't going to get you any special help from nokia here.

No one can help you here if a store gave you a faulty phone as a replacement.  That old trick has been going on for years but it's the retailer that did it to you, not nokia.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

No i bought the phone and replaced it in the Nokia Flagship store in Manhattan, New York i even have the receipt.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

You will have to take your issue up with the store.

Perhaps seek some consumer rights advice from US websites before you go.

All we can suggest here is that you reset and format your phone as suggested on other threads here.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Ok.. thank you.  I really expected more from Nokia.. in this rate apple and blackberry will just beat Nokia.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Go sell your N97 and buy your favourite fruity named phone then.

People have problems with products whatever manufacturer they are from.  Perhaps if you had worded your question better instead of "disappointed from nokia N97" and avoided name dropping competitors products you may have got better support here.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Honestly im not here to get the tech support I'm here to complain about Nokia.  These problems were not expected. it cant be that i had two devices and both of them were messed up it's their problem not mine i paid for something that i cant use. I PAID $750 ON SOMETHING I CANT EVEN USE AND I NEED TO WASTE GAS AND TIME TO GO TO THE STORE BACK AND FORTH!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Exactly yet another complainer coming here to rant before even attempting to get support from anyone here.

You do realise that this is a support forum do you not?  You do understand the purpose of a support forums don't you?

Compaints are not handled here and not guaranteed to be read by nokia. Use the "contact us" link for that or call nokia care in your country to complain.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

Well your in the wrong place

This is a user to user forum for nokia users to give and recieve support to other users

If you want to complain to nokia use the contact us link on the green bar above

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Actually Psychomania you're right, this is a user forum...so what makes you the arbiter of what users should or should not raise?

If you don't like the comments...that's your right; but you don't get to decide their legitimacy. Wind your neck in.

H
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Who rattled your cage?

Do you also not get the point of a support forum?

If someone comes here asking for support then goes away disappointed then fair enough, compliants are to be expected.  If they come here just to complain without seeking support then they are in the wrong place.

Now wind your neck in :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor

it doesnt even matter since you guys can't provide me technical support. this is why im not seeking for it here.

i tried restoring it but the computer doesnt even read the phone it can't see it and so they probably gave me a phone with a bad mass memory card so there is nothing u guys can do and so there is no point to seek tech support for this issue but just to prove to Nokia that they need to change if they want to stay strong as they are in the market. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

There is a few other things that we could have tried to see if it was hardware or not.

If you start a new topic detailing the problem and what you have tried but without the complaints I will try to help you later on today.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Look, if your phone’s a lemon take it back and demand replacement. If the store will only offer to fix it, contact Nokia (your phone is still under warranty) and see if they will replace it for you. If they offer to repair, accept the offer if you want to keep the phone (they will send you a UPS label for return, so you won’t have to drive to the store again). If you don’t, sell it and count your losses and move on. There are options for you if you wish to use them. Sometimes life isn’t simple. The people here that kindly offer tech support and help for all manner of problems do so as a kindness and willingness to help others. They are not employees of Nokia, just people like you and me. The only difference between them and you, to paraphrase John Lennon, is that to them there are no problems, only solutions. This is a support forum, not a mope forum. If, as you say, you came here with absolutely no desire to receive help from forum members, but merely to gripe, then I would suggest you find a place more suitable to unload your angst and self-pity.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Actually Psychmania, you rattled my cage.

Whether intended or not, your posts here come across as arrogant and rude. If you can't help, fine. No need to bully the guy off the forum.

H
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

The only bullying is in your mind. All I stated was the facts, even offered to help the guy. Perhaps I was a bit rude but those who come here to rant/moan/complain without seeking support deserve what they get.  Have you considered for a second that those that give the support may have had enough of the moaning?

If you cannot handle that then do one.  Come back when you have something to add to this SUPPORT forum.

@stemcell - Quality post! That sums up my point of view. 

Message Edited by psychomania on 03-Sep-2009 05:32 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Psychomania...do they? Do they really "deserve what they get"? Are you, then, to decide who is to be subject of this abuse and rudeness? Is anyone unhappy with Nokia to be fair game in future?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

If you had read my previous posts on this thread properly you would see thats not the case.

Have you quite finished with your pathetic attempt to take me down a peg? You've become tiresome and I really can not be bothered with this non-argument.

The offer is still there for the creator of this topic to start a fresh and let the regular helpful users here attempt to help.
Please use plain text.