Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Discrepancies 5800XM / Navigation Edition & TV...

Advisor
DSRR

Discrepancies 5800XM / Navigation Edition & TV Out !

[ Edited ]

I ( like others on here ) recently bought a Nokia 5800XM only to find it was missing the TV Out cable, case, spare stylus etc.  I bought online and the website specs stated TV Out and cable supplied.

My phone came with some bizarre white earphones, but the manual has Navigation Edition printed on the front and is dated 2010.

However

On checking Nokias website, there is indeed a naviagation edition, but that comes with extras such as cradles for the phone.( which I didnt get either ).

Then checking further on Nokia's website, I find they sell the standard 5800 Xpress music with all the accessories that no longer are supposed to come with the phone ( details below )

So my questions are :
1) IF I buy a AV cable, will I be able to enable TV out ofrdoes my non-TV out phone have a special firmware ?
2) Are all 5800XM ( regardless of music or navigation ) being shipped with Navigation Edition user manuals ?
3) What do I have ?

Under sales package contents
  • 5800 XpressMusic with pen stylus
  • Battery (BL-5J)
  • High Efficiency Charger (AC-8)
  • WH-205 headset
  • Connectivity Cable (CA-101)
  • 8 GB microSDHC card (MU-43)
  • Carrying Case (CP-305)
  • Stand (DT-29)
  • Stylus plectrum in wrist strap (CP-306)
  • Extra pen stylus
  • User guide and Quick guide
Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: Discrepancies 5800XM / Navigation Edition & TV Out !

I would say that accessories differ from country to country, so it may be that in your country the navigation version does not have the cradle but you should still have the free navigation.

As for the AV cable, it should be OK to use with your phone. there was a period last year when some phones were shipped without the TV Out function enabled but there was then a note in the box clearly stating this.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Re: Discrepancies 5800XM / Navigation Edition & TV Out !

Simple really you buy a product with whatever is listed by the retailer you buy from .

If the site you bought from not Nokai  advertised  TV out then you have been sold  the goods that did not match the description  .

Your specs are exactly the same as  i bought except manual is  5800xm   and i have TV out but no comes with music .  no spare stylus  no carry case no stand  .

But i got what was on the package contents   .

If the advert you bought from does not match what you bought then you want your money back .

If you bought something as described but you wanted /expected more thats the buyers fault not the sellers.

jje

Please use plain text.