Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Disk Error - cannot continue

Sage
talj

Disk Error - cannot continue

Disk Error - Cannot Continue Retry or Data will be lost Hi, I have just bought a nokia 3250 (http://europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,,80112,00.html) And I bought a 1 GB Memory card for it. I put the memory card in and used my phone for a few days. Yesterday I uploaded music using the Nokia Music Manager, I got about 10 songs on the phone, and then I got the error: Disk Error - Cannot Continue Retry or Data will be lost I have searched for this in the FAQS, I also switched to the memory card I recieved with the nokia but I still get the error. two days ago, I was at a party and I took many pictures. Onces home I tried to upload them to my PC but they looked like photos cut in half. They wouldnt upload to the computer (I use a cable connection). The phone is obviously having a problem reading the memory card. Could it be possable that that reader is damaged? Hope you can help me, Thanks in advance, TJ
I own a 5210, 5140 and now..the new 3250. Symbian 60 Series OS 3.0 ..just the best.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
richcowell

Re: Disk Error - cannot continue

[ Edited ]
Sounds nasty...

I would try restoring the phone to factory settings, if that doesn't work, I'd pop along to my nearest Nokia Service Centre

It's not a Kingston card you got is it? They don't work well with Nokias.

Message Edited by richcowell on 20-Jun-2006
11:24 PM

Nokia History: 3110, 5110, 7110, 7110, 3510i, 6210, 6310i, 5210, 6100, 6610, 7250, 7250i, 6650, 6230, 6230i, 6260, N70, N70, 5300, N95, N95, E71, E72
Android History: HTC Desire, SE Xperia Arc, HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, One X+, Google Nexus 5
Please use plain text.
Sage
talj

I would like to fix something, I tried putting the Micro SD card that I got with the nokia and it works. So I pluged it into my card reader (straight to the PC) and copied all of its contents. Then I put the 1GB and emtpied its conents and pasted the files from the original sd card.

and...it still doesnt work. I have a feeling it has something to do with the memory card itself because the original one works..but then the PC can read the 1GB one..

Does the memory card need to be formated?

Through the phone?

FAT or FAT32?

I am clueless. And kind of worried..the phone cost me 300 Euro and the 1GB memory card added another 40 to it.

Thanks Richowell for your answer, I will restore the factory settings and be back.
I own a 5210, 5140 and now..the new 3250. Symbian 60 Series OS 3.0 ..just the best.
Please use plain text.
Sage
talj

Hi,

To restore the factory settings...I need a code..

What do I use??
Please use plain text.
Sage
grey_area

The default security (lock) code is 12345. if that does not wor, you have changed it to something else

GA
There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't
Please use plain text.
Sage
talj

Hi,

I found out that the problem has nothing to do with the phone. The memory card needs to be formated. When I try to format it I get: windows cannot complete formating the drive. The I press OK, and I get the following message: This drive cannot be formated.

I will probably ask the distributer to give me a new card.
Please use plain text.
Sage
talj

Yippy :smileyhappy:

The distributer decided the Card was faulty =)

Getting a new one shiped the day they get the faulty one..could take a week or two.

Thanks for your help guys,

Tal
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi, we just had the same problem, my mom gave this cellfone 3250 from greece, im here at usa, and they dont have this kind of cellfone that's why they cant help me, maybe you can help me how to fix my cell, how to restore to factory setting? thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kubetata

Nokia E63 s60..Same **bleep** different  phone.. I had soaked mine before a month ago.. Yes it si a kingston card .. but i had been using it for almost two years..

PS I spotted a bit of corrosion on  the motherboard.... kinda bad... tell me what to do because I dont have any cash...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kubetata

I got my e63 back from repair.Bad news.

The keyboard chip also had died in the ultrasonic bath ant they had to replace it too.--FIXED

The guy who repaired my phone said "There isnt going to be a way of "it" being fixed.."about the memory card problem. I still dont know **bleep** is wrong with it.... I have only 90 mb of memory available.... Now i can only use the phone without a memory card.

P.S. I hate u dear bloody nokia

Greets from Bulgaria

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
thesiennaf

Got the same problem with my c7-00. Been using the phone and the memory card (sandisk 4G micro sd) for exactly a year now, then all of a sudden "disk error- cannot complete write, retry or data will be lost " pops up on my screen. I tried all means possible to format the card but it seems like it can't be reformatted.

Does this mean that I have to buy a new memory card? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Most memory cards have lifetime warranty. So you will not have to buy a new one. The need for replacement only if you have checked by the above mentioned means.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

thesiennaf wrote:

Got the same problem with my c7-00. Been using the phone and the memory card (sandisk 4G micro sd) for exactly a year now, then all of a sudden "disk error- cannot complete write, retry or data will be lost " pops up on my screen. I tried all means possible to format the card but it seems like it can't be reformatted.

Does this mean that I have to buy a new memory card? :smileysad:

Did you try checking / correcting the errors ?

Connect the phone to PC in 'Mass Storage Mode' . Then in Windows explorer open Phone and Right click on Memory Card..Go to Properties --> Tools --> Error Checking --> Check Now
--> select both check boxes and Start ...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

To add to farby's reply, this will most probably remove errors but can also corrupt the images on the card. So do take a backup of your data esp images.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dksonu

my nokia 5233 card showing disk error,it is also not detected in PC Pls help me out
Please use plain text.