Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Do any Nokia personal look at this forum?

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

Or is this another case of "the lord helps those who help themselves"

There are so many great ideas and requests for firmware updates and bugs that needs fixing. It would make me sleep better tonight if I knew that Nokia was at least aware of the issues posted and reposted over and over again on this forum.

Replaced my buggy Nokia N97 with a HTC Hero.
Besides the camera and the real keyboard the HTC Hero pawned the N97 on every level.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nik0la

Re: Do any Nokia personal look at this forum?

Judging by the bug fix list of FW 11 I think its safe to say that they do monitor the forum. At the end of the day its the official Nokia forum. It wouldn't be wise not to benefit from the ability to know what their customers biggest needs and worries are. So I think that they do.
Please use plain text.
Professor
au_n97_user

Plus you do see a post with a Nokia badge on the poster's name every now and then.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chrispyweener

Plus also, this site is hosted under Nokia.co.uk's domain as opposed to it being independantly hosted.  On that basis alone you'd have to assume they do keep tabs on it, even if it's very covert and subtle at least for legal reasons I'd have thought.

Having a forum hosted on your own site is a very easy, if occasionally painful way of monitoring user feedback for feature suggestions, bugs, praise etc.  Even if it appears they don't 'appear' to do much with the information.

Nokia N85 and Samsung i8910 HD
Did have White N97and N95-1
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

to make it clear, 

the Admin and Moderator Team are nokia employees however they generally do not participate in feedback and discussions on the boards unless they need to intervene where they see unrluy behavior or breaking of the forum rules. there are also employees of nokia on the boards that will participate in discussion and provide their knowledge but given the fact that they are from various departments, their specialties are not neceesairly what you think they are. this is first and most of all USER TO USER forum. where users just like us come together and try to assist one another with various issues. Nokia does look in from time to time but you will not get an official word from nokia in regards to specific questions here on the forum. for that you can always use the 'contact us ' button on the top right of the page. i hope this makes a bit more sense.  

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Sage
ercanmetin

So what I understand If any of us want our feedback to be heard by Nokia we need to use bad words on our posts so our problems will be seen by the moderators or admin.. 

I tried the contact us button millions of times nothing happens there..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Oooo.... the Nokia's are reading this forum all right.

For example, I post something that did not comply to their rules and was deleted less than 24 hours. I was sent a PM telling me that my post was deleted because reason 1, 2 and etc.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

lol - so funny - Nokia "solved" the problem!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I really hope that Nokia will have at least a few guys from their internal R&D teams who know inside out of this device paying visits to this forum. I can understand if Nokia cannot have any guys here at an official level helping us out due to any restrictions (which I cant think of, after all this is their own forum) but it is completely useless that they let blind to lead blinds.

Not all N97 users are symbian or smart phone gurus. So rather than let us shoot arrows in dark, why not Nokia experts (at an un-official level) show up and help us out?

Just log into some forums of well established software vendors like MS. They always have a few people from their internal R&D teams and (other MS certified experts, not necessarily their employees) answering questions from their developer community (at an unofficial level). This is how they can ensure that their clients are getting support without having them to queing up in their offices and call centres.

But I must mention that I appreciate contribution by some members like radical, psycho, gr etc... who seem to provide useful ideas and help us out in whatever the way they can, my hats are off for them.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

Sorry but you are incorrect this is a user to use forum. The only way to officially contact Nokia is via the Contact Us button at the top.

Show the KUDOS button some love.... Hit that bad boy.... It don't hurt....

Apple iPhone 5,
Retina MacBook Pro, iPad Mini, Nikon D4

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

They are the moderators that are paid to monitor the forum for user to user purposes, not to necessarily inform of Nokia policy. They are mainly the police here.

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

chrispyweener wrote:

Plus also, this site is hosted under Nokia.co.uk's domain as opposed to it being independantly hosted.  On that basis alone you'd have to assume they do keep tabs on it, even if it's very covert and subtle at least for legal reasons I'd have thought.

Having a forum hosted on your own site is a very easy, if occasionally painful way of monitoring user feedback for feature suggestions, bugs, praise etc.  Even if it appears they don't 'appear' to do much with the information.

They "may" look but this is not the official place to contact Nokia.  

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

ercanmetin wrote:
So what I understand If any of us want our feedback to be heard by Nokia we need to use bad words on our posts so our problems will be seen by the moderators or admin.. 

I tried the contact us button millions of times nothing happens there..
It will also eventually get you banned. Is it worth it? 

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.