Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Does N8 still needs some protection stuff?

Advisor
clinxr

Does N8 still needs some protection stuff?

i dont know if i said it right, but I heard that N8 was scratchproof, and it has gorilla glass which makes the covering glass scratchproof and strong, so do i still need to put some protection like those jelly case, and that protective plastic you put on the screen, i cant decide yet, i prefer not putting some of those since it makes my phone a little bulky than it is, but is there a chance that it could still get scratch and damaged? i mean in normal usage like putting it in bag or in my pocket or putting it in table, 

Please use plain text.
Sage
shamsi_boy

if your bag contains sharp or hard things,i would prefer to put some protector on because it is scratch less but for very hard strokes,none o the earth's things are totally scratch less.even though you've no such things in your bag,you should put something on because bad time doesn't warn before coming.anything can happen with a person any time .you should put it on because who knows except God that you might drop it somewhere accidentally or something else happens like that.i prefer you to put a lens protector also because although the lens of the n8 is made of reinforced glass,but still it can get minor scratches just like me,i think nobody in the world takes so much care of their n8s like me, i clean the body and lens regularly of my n8,but yesterday i noticed two very minor scratches on the lens which are un removable because of hard glass.
so,it's better to put some protector on the screen s well as on the lens.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@clinxr

As I live near the sea and sand gets everywhere, use Zagg full body shield upon N8 but not on screen where use 3M Vikuiti ADQC27 (one without adhesive residue)

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

clinxr wrote:

i dont know if i said it right, but I heard that N8 was scratchproof, and it has gorilla glass which makes the covering glass scratchproof and strong, so do i still need to put some protection like those jelly case, and that protective plastic you put on the screen, i cant decide yet, i prefer not putting some of those since it makes my phone a little bulky than it is, but is there a chance that it could still get scratch and damaged? i mean in normal usage like putting it in bag or in my pocket or putting it in table, 

Just to clarify the position, the N8's screen and body isn't actually scratch proof but scratch resistant. So there is a chance the screen and body can get scratched. If you value the aesthetics of your phone, you should invest in a good case and screen protector.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
clinxr

what's wrong with zagg Screen shield? is adhesive residue an issue? well i can avail zagg here but about 3M, that's going to be tough in our country
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jlscott777

On my N8 I elected to add a Zagg screen protector even though it has gorilla glass the extra protection does not hurt and it is a lot cheaper then replacing the screen which is the most vunerable part of any smart phone.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jonfr500

Gorilla Glass is scratch tolerant. But I have managed to make a small scratch on my silver Nokia N8. It is not big and hard to see. But it is there anyway. So some protection on the glass is not a bad idea.

Please use plain text.
Itsmelah

@clinxr

Gorilla Glass on our N8's are indeed scratch tolerant but not scratch proof though. I would always suggest investing on a reliable screen-protector film for our N8, be it a clear-coat one or the matte-typed one as the latter provides better protection against fingerprints all over the display. As for the aluminium casing on the N8, its also advisable to get a cover for it as a protection against minor scratches not on the aluminium body itself but for the upper & lower part of the housing as it is made of plastic instead of aluminium (plastic parts are more easily prone to scrathes compared to aluminium).

It is always better to protect & prevent our N8 from future unforseen drops or wear & tear as it is an expensive camera smartphone that others would only dream to have owned.
Please use plain text.