Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Downgrade from Belle to Anna.

Advisor
pgidia

Re: Downgrade from Belle to Anna.

Nokia trying to Copy Android Phones

Not good.

Whether they update or downgrade they should not forget there basic features and advantages.

I dont knw still why they removed checking battery percentage in belle and similiarly many other features just to copy android

BAD

Please use plain text.
Sage
Akash_satpathi

[ Edited ]

You can't Downgrade from Belle to Anna

Moderators notes: Inaccurate information removed.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

Just to be completely clear there is no official way to downgrade any firmware once it has been updated. Also to clarify officially Nokia care points do not offer a service to downgrade software versions.

Any of you guys that are having any issues with Nokia Belle I recommend you have a look at the official FAQ:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-faq

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Sadly my friend, you cannot downgrade once you've upgraded to belle from Anna. You've got to live with it.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
magicd

Hi. I have too many many problem with Belle... but I had a problems with Anna too. First system version for me was the best. I'm a programist so I know that downgrading is possible - just Nokia don't want us to downgrade as You wrote it before. I send about 5-6 messages to Nokia support to write a small application (maybe 1% size of OVI suite) allowing us to reload whole system as it was when we bought a phone... but they only emailed and called me telling one more time that "this is not possible". For now I know that Nokia c7 will be probably my last phone from this company [from nokia 6110, 8110, 3110 and C7 without updates I was satisfied, but no way to by happy from Anna and Belle]. (forgive me some language mistakes - English is not my native language) :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
adventor

Why is this question marked "solved" when the answer is "no, you can't, and Nokia Care won't do it"? That's not "solved", that's "won't fix".

The only way to "solve" this is to buy another phone that matches the functionality of Anna better than a Nokia with Belle on it does. That is quite hard, especially because Anna was so good. So it is understandable that many former Anna users keep coming back to the wish to restore Anna on their phones (phones that were quite new and for which they paid good money). 

There are reports out there of people who have reloaded Anna successfully. But it may not be possible for each and every phone. If it had been quick, easy and risk free, undoubtedly enterprising people would have found ways make money out of a downgrade service, but it seems that there are none to be found.

It may be worth to try to contact the place where you bought the phone to ask for (a part of) your money back, or to trade it in. Perhaps sell it on, but unfortunately, many used Nokias with Belle are offered, which limits the price.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Daithidmg

It is a real indication of Nokia's attitude to it's customers that the only official response to this post or the Belle Big Step Backwards post is to remove useful information requested by Nokia customers or mark the threads as "Solved" which they are clearly not. Thanks Raoul_Duke and John_Tesla but your responses clearly nothing to do with the questions being asked so maybe you could ask someone up the chain to provide an answer as to why people don't at least have the option to use the OS which they find works best?

Nokia are completely igonoring the feedback of the people who have spent considerable amounts of money to purchase a product which now has fundamentally different functionallly to the product which they originally purchased and is therefore a different product.

I was fortunate enough to follow the early feedback and then have the opportunity to have a look at the N8 of a friend who was unfortunate enough to make the change to Belle and so still have my phone on Anna.

If I had switched to Belle I would be exploring the full limits of my consumer rights to get it changed back or refunded.

I hope my N8 lasts as long as possible as it really does everything I need it to do at the moment, there is nothing but junk coming from Nokia at the moment and their attitude to their loyal customers means my next phone will most likely have to be the dreaded i***ne

Please use plain text.
Professor
Mike_Myers_N8

[ Edited ]

A couple of thoughts - the news was full of information about Symbian programmers moving from Nokia to Accenture a while back - what if Nokia is no longer capable of doing anything more with Symbian? Then what?

Maybe the best answer would be to buy a N8 running Anna, and sell your existing N8 Belle to someone who doesn't care about the issues?

I'm back in the USA right now, but a Nokia care center employee told me that if I brought in the phone, they could re-install Anna. Since Nokia has posted up above that this is no longer possible, I don't know what to think.

Personally, while I do agree with you guys that this wonderful phone we all bought has been "crippled" by the update, I don't think it's as bad as it is being made out to be here. I have two N8 phones, one with Anna still on it, and the other with Belle. My Belle phone gets reasonable battery life, and does most of the things I need to do (but not as well as Anna).

There are some ways in which Belle is better than Anna, but they get lost in the mountain of problems that overwhelm the good stuff. Nokia may be struggling for their own existence as a company, but it would be nice if they could get a crew together of the old Symbian engineers, and start correcting the worst of the problems. 

I'm not sure if it will matter to me, as I've given up on waiting, and am currently shopping for a phone that is physically as nice as the N8, but which runs Android.

Moderators notes: Discussion about unannounced software not allowed on the forums

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pgidia

Now i think moving to Android phone samsung galaxy s3 is best option.

Belle has made nokia loose its some market :smileysad: i am sad about this bcoz i have been using it for long time but now i think its time to MOVE ON

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
unhappyuser1

I think nokia doesn’t give a s&:squint:t of how there users feel

I’ve just updated my n8 from Anna to Bell & it suck the phone is lagging the touch screen is unresponsive I never thought this to be possible in this day & age.

The design looks horrible.....

Costumer service is no good the pretty much told me to go F&*% myself...

Shouldn’t phones be fun & easy to use how long was the meeting when they decided not to put an downgrade option....?

I have half a mind to sue them I am so angry on nokia cfan not express it in this email 

Please use plain text.
Sage
classic_sis

I think so. Downgrade is impossible. Nokia should give fix software upgrade for Belle if the upgrade to Belle have many problems. If the condition like this one day I purchase Nokia C7 for example I won't upgrade it.
Niki
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lainen67

Scandinavian service fw for N8

wonder what that Is,anyone?.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alphaigroup

Nokia Censorship at its best! Re: Downgrade from Belle to Anna.

Wow, I never found sooooo many censored posts than here on Nokia's Form! Great Land indeed!

To all you winers: just google or yahoo or just do an Internet Search about this topic. You will find one can do alot of things when one does not look into censored forums!

Good Luck and 'happy censorship Nokia'!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lainen67

Re: Nokia Censorship at its best! Re: Downgrade from Belle to Anna.

yes.search and you might find what your looking for ;-)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cornel8887

WH-701 Headset still doesn't work on Belle SINCE LAUNCH!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mackkiwi

If we knew how bad the battery life would be I would not have downgraded to Belle, yes it is smoother to use, but battery life is almost none existent. I have to use battery saver just to get 14 hours from it, about half that on full power... Give us back ANNA!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ron9598

The Nokia Belle update ruined my N8. Many times a week, the phone will hang for no apparent reason and will need a restart. This all began after Belle. Very disappointed. Want the last working version back - Anna. If I can't find a way, official or not, to revert - I'll have a new Android device before the month's over. My N8 is now totally unreliable - and my dad is experiencing the same issues with the Belle upgrade on his C6-01. Very, very poor "upgrade".

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ron9598

I'm very happy to report the successful rollback of my N8 and my dad's C6-01from Belle to Anna using info and files readily available on other forums. It IS possible to roll these back, and we are both thrilled with the rebirth of our phones, properly working once again with the Anna system!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
maibamkk

That was a really nice post with humble request.

Yes, if Nokia programmers could come up with solutions to fix this issue with Belle.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
maibamkk

hey, can you send me the steps bra? I have Nokia e6 and I am dying having this Belle on my phone.
Please use plain text.