Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Download adobe flash player available for noki...

Sage
Dan555

Re: Need Flash player to check flash website on NOKIA N8 please help

Symbian 3 comes with Flash Lite 4. There is no newer version of Flash Lite. There is no version of Flash for Symbian 3, if a website tells you to download Flash then ignore it. If something doesn't work then there's nothing you can do about it, apart from convince the whoever is in charge of the website which doesn't work to support Flash Lite 4.

Please use plain text.
Panduhot

Re: Download adobe flash player available for nokia N8

thank you
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Panduhot wrote:
thank you

Thank you for what exactly? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
irsab05

okletsgo wrote:

Hello, i want to know if its possible to download something good for playing streaming videos on my nokia N8.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
nageshearli

Re: Need Flash player to check flash website on NOKIA N8 please help

[ Edited ]

i got the same problem.recently i was updated my n8 from simbian anna to belle.I think anna  is far more better then belle for video playing. NOKIA changeg the meaning of "UPGRADE".After upgradiation to belle my n8 stopped playing flv720p videos.

Moderator's note: Post edited as it contained offensive language.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sureis

THIS IS THE GRAND ADVICE FOR NOKIA COMPANY:To get adobe flash player in Nokia N8 has become the considerable demand. Millions of Nokia N8 users are demanding adobe flash player. But Nokia has ignored this issue. Many websites cannot be opened only with the support of Flash lite 4. It's flop. Why does Nokia not consider about this ? In consequence, The nokia user's are lured towards android and Ios, which is not good for Nokia. Nokia must solve this in order to compete in the present market. I have been Nokia user for more than 10 years. But now, I see Nokia ignors the actual problem. Why did we buy Nokia ? Nokia must distribute adobe flash player. has Nokia company ever read the comments on Nokia discussion website /t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/Download-adobe​-flash-player-available-for-nokia-N8/td-p/937591? If not then Nokia has no future. This is serious. Thank you.
penguin
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

@ sureis

Adobe have ceased development of Flash for mobile devices and there is nothing Nokia can do about that. Just accept the fact that Nokia phones will NEVER get full flash.

All the best.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sureis

I found a website that claims to provide another free software especially for Nokia N8 that can substitute adobe flash player. Check it here if it works then that's good for Nokia if not then curse Nokia and never buy Nokia phones. Thank you.
penguin
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sureis

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Nope, the file doesn't exist. 

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
algerian

rayr what u mean when u say nokia naver ever do fuul flash player....uknow by this world let millions of ppls not buy nokia....any way...tell me o

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

algerian wrote:

rayr what u mean when u say nokia naver ever do fuul flash player....uknow by this world let millions of ppls not buy nokia....any way...tell me o

The only Nokia phone that had full flash player capabilities was the N900 but it stopped at version 9 (if memory serves). The Nokia N8 has only ever had Flash Lite and will only ever have Flash Lite, not full Flash. The people who develop Flash (Adobe) have stopped development of flash player for mobile devices now so you won't see full Flash for the N8. 

Incidentally, iOS doesn't have Flash player either, but that doesn't stop millions of people from buying iPhones.

Personally, I'm not that bothered that my N8 doesn't have full Flash player because I have a PC for watching Flash content if I need to. Nokia phones are capable of so many other things which is why people buy them. Not having full flash isn't really going to put them off from buying  a Nokia phone.

All the best.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sureis

Mr. Ray Nokia N9 just acquired full adobe flash player from March 14 few days ago. The adobe provided flash through firefox mozilla browser. Another thing suppose your pc went wrong and you need to check something flash content, you will definitely fumble your mobile, if you have mobile that supports flash. It's better to have the better applications in mobile. Moreover, iphone doesn't need flash player. They have icinema in their browser called safari which has html5 as foundation called canvas. That is even better than flash player. They are still working in partnership with google and firefox to develop html5 which will someday terminate the proprietorship in web world. This html5 is better even now when it is not completely developed. So please don't compare with iphone. I know they don't have flash. In contrast they have better than that. I only want flash player on Nokia N8 at the moment. They can provide flash only problem is they don't want to pay to adobe and other browser for Nokia N8. This is the fact mobile guru. I have checked all i could. If we come together and make unity and foce them they might be obliged to do so. Thank you.
penguin
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sureis

Mr. Ray tell me honestly, you said you are satisfied with what Nokia N8 have now. Will you not be the one to download the flash player, if by chance released then? I think you also want flash player on your Nokia set or why would you check this topic in this website. Never mind . Thank you.
penguin
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sureis

html5 would terminate the proprietorship of adobe, skyfire, silverlight etc. in web world someday. But we need adobe flash player on Nokia N8 at the moment.
penguin
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

sureis wrote:
Mr. Ray Nokia N9 just acquired full adobe flash player from March 14 few days ago. The adobe provided flash through firefox mozilla browser. Another thing suppose your pc went wrong and you need to check something flash content, you will definitely fumble your mobile, if you have mobile that supports flash. It's better to have the better applications in mobile. Moreover, iphone doesn't need flash player. They have icinema in their browser called safari which has html5 as foundation called canvas. That is even better than flash player. They are still working in partnership with google and firefox to develop html5 which will someday terminate the proprietorship in web world. This html5 is better even now when it is not completely developed. So please don't compare with iphone. I know they don't have flash. In contrast they have better than that. I only want flash player on Nokia N8 at the moment. They can provide flash only problem is they don't want to pay to adobe and other browser for Nokia N8. This is the fact mobile guru. I have checked all i could. If we come together and make unity and foce them they might be obliged to do so. Thank you.

If my PC breaks down then I will fix it. I also have a Samsung Galaxy S to fall back on if it's absolutely necessary.

I mentioned iPhone purely on the basis that there are other solutions out there in lieu  of Adobe Flash which you are aware of. So, why beg for Adobe Flash when you could be asking for HTML5?

The fact is, no amount of asking the same questions over and over on these forums is going to force Nokia to get Adobe Flash player on to the N8. I'm sorry you don't like that answer but there's nothing I can do about that.

Don't expect Mozilla to develop Firefox for the N8, as it ain't gonna happen. It's better to give up on the idea of full Flash support for the N8.  So, the solution is simple. Get yourself a Nokia N9 :smileywink: 

Cheers.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

sureis wrote:
Mr. Ray tell me honestly, you said you are satisfied with what Nokia N8 have now. Will you not be the one to download the flash player, if by chance released then? I think you also want flash player on your Nokia set or why would you check this topic in this website. Never mind . Thank you.

Rhetorical question. My reasons for visiting this thread are my own.

All the best.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
algerian

look ray
wenot stubecidiots
look us know nokia have no full flash orave noskype vid call
just they have give monny to them
pls stop laying to us and dont try to answer
good day
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

[ Edited ]

algerian wrote:
look ray
wenot stubecidiots
look us know nokia have no full flash orave noskype vid call
just they have give monny to them
pls stop laying to us and dont try to answer
good day

In what way am I lying to you? It's very simple, Adobe no longer develop Flash for mobile devices. As for Skype, why would Nokia have to pay money to Skype when they are owned by Microsoft who are in partnership with Nokia? 

Why are you taking all this so seriously? It's just a mobile phone after all, not a life or death situation.

Best regards.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

[ Edited ]

@algerian

I don't think this is true at all. The lack of video calling on Skype is just that, on SKYPE, and this rests with Skype to fix, and as far as I'm aware, a Fix IS on the way, same goes for Flash, It's an Adobe product, if they decide to switch the plug off on Flash for Symbian, they'll gladly do that.

P.S. They just released for MeeGo recently.

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.