Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Dropped my N8, what now?

Sage
Akuma07

Dropped my N8, what now?

Okay, So i dropped my N8 getting out of bed this morning =[

From about 2 feet off the ground, onto a wooden floorboard.

What are the main things I should be looking for? to make sure its okay, and still 100%?

Hit the white star if I have helped you =]
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Is it working fine? also look out for any physical damage (external..) like crack, etc.

If both of these are OK then you may be the Lucky one...and be careful next time..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Sage
Akuma07

Theres no signs of physical damage.

All the apps and hardware seems to be working fine.

Just thought there might be certain hardware that are more fragile than others.

I was the one saying i loved my N8 and hadn't had any problems, then i cause one :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

So.. you should love it more now.. even after a fall it has not given you any problem...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Sage
HaPe

[ Edited ]

Thats the way I know Nokia phones. Have many times dropped phones (N95, 6230...) on stone floors, asphalt and always they have survived ;-).

I you look at the N8 at how it is build, I am very confident that N8 is very stable, too.

N8-00 with orange case, loving it

If my post was helpfull, click on the white star and give me an KuDo ;-)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

HaPe wrote:

Thats the way I know Nokia phones. Have many times dropped phones (N95, 6230...) on stone floors, asphalt and always they have survived ;-).

I you look at the N8 at how it is build, I am very confident that N8 is very stable, too.

It depends on luck too.. My Nokia 6110 Navigator just about 3 months old fell from a height of about 30 cms... gone in the bin... Nokia Care informed that the Mother board is cracked and nothing can be done..though externally there was not even a micro scratch on the body  even after the use and the fall...

Please use plain text.
Sage
HaPe

you are right, it need luck, too.

I would never do a "drop test" with my N8 intentionally.
N8-00 with orange case, loving it

If my post was helpfull, click on the white star and give me an KuDo ;-)
Please use plain text.
Sage
Akuma07

The first time i dropped my 6220c half the features on the phone stopped working haha.

I had that thing repaired about 5 times.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gabriellow1990

Haha, don't worry dude... Nokia phones are known for it's durabilty... I dropped my N97 (for the first and the last time!) some months ago too from the coffee table to the floor i freaked out( duh! Lol) And nothing happen at all... No scratches everything functioning normally ( and it's made out of plastic!) so you can be sure your N8 will be even more durable since it's material are 100 times better... You might wanna check this out  http://www.nokiausers.net/Nokia-Phones/Nokia-N8-Dropped-From-Balcony-Hits-Concrete-3-Meters-Below-Su...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Yeh, something for the breakfast..

/t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/n8-hdmi-cover-crack/td-p/790946

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
blue_crim

[ Edited ]

Just so you know:

I already dropped my N8 twice :smileysad:

first, from around 3.5 ft high from my pocket to a rough concrete finish (bottom left corner of the phone first - yeah, the plastic cover). resulting in ugly scratches on the bottom and top plastic cover and minor scratches on the aluminum cover.

second, from around 5 ft high to a wooden floor. this time, no scratch at all.

such bad luck this happened only in one day. but, as expected from nokia phone (the current flagship nonetheless) its still working flawless :smileyhappy:

the thing is, does this invalidate my 1 year warranty? :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
conti1888

I was in a scuffle with mines on say night and out got kicked inn my pocket and is fine! Stop worrying its build for odd knocks!
Please use plain text.
Professor

Please use plain text.
Contributor
deepankar

hi ppl i dropped my nokia n8 while i just got up from bed onto a hard granite floor :smileysad: :smileysad: it was 3 days since i bought it !!!

WELL MY ALUMINIUM BODY IS BENT AT THE BOTTOM :smileysad: and am scared if the internal hardware is damaged

also my CAMERA SHUTTER LENS has shifted after the fall :smileysad: :smileysad: pls help me out ???

Please use plain text.
Sage
Tirza

Found this video long time ago, showing how Nokia tested N8 for durability. Kinda painful to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcfvRfJeLPQ

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

deepankar wrote:

hi ppl i dropped my nokia n8 while i just got up from bed onto a hard granite floor :smileysad: :smileysad: it was 3 days since i bought it !!!

WELL MY ALUMINIUM BODY IS BENT AT THE BOTTOM :smileysad: and am scared if the internal hardware is damaged

also my CAMERA SHUTTER LENS has shifted after the fall :smileysad: :smileysad: pls help me out ???

Sorry to know about this.. Anyways you have to get the Shutter fixed properly at Nokia Care.. so suggest, you get the complete Phone thoroughly checked along with.. Though you will have to pay for this as such damage is not covered under Warranty..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.