Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E5-00 | C:\ Memory full, but no files

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

E5-00 | C:\ Memory full, but no files

Lately Ive been getting notifications on my Nokia E5-00 saying the phone's memory is full.

When browsing through my phone memory, there are almost no files.

Although I have some apps installed, there not that much of being capable of consuming all that memory.

Is there any way to clean up my phone memory (besides uninstalling apps), to get more memory? Or seeing what's consuming all that space?

Can I e.g. delete some MfE emails (without deleting those emails from the servers)?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: E5-00 | C:\ Memory full, but no files

next time your browser is open clear the cache.
so open browser then select options,scroll down to clear privacy data the cache.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

[ Edited ]

If you're using Nokia's File Manager, keep in mind that it shows only a fraction of the data on the internal C: drive.  To see (most of) the rest of the drive, you'll need a third party file browser.  I wouldn't recommend deleting MfE messages, but you could try shortening the sync period to flush older messages from the phone.

For a more surgical look, might I recommend NetQin's Mobile Guard?  See http://www.netqin.com/en/guard/symbian/ .  Problems like yours show up regularly on this forum, and answers are still sketchy.  But see this thread for a success story: /t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/E72-RM-530-Phone-memory-full-for-no-apparent-reason-any-solution/m-p/1... .  (HInt: if Psiloc World Traveler is installed on your phone, check for a massive log file C:\Data\licensersrv.log .)  Good luck, and post again if you need more advice!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

kimmyireland's reply got me already rid of some 25 MB, which in my case si for the moment enough.

thnx tetao for your useful reply. ive set the email sync to 3 days in stead of 1 week (i usually never re-read emails older than 3 days again, so).

I alsou world traveler a lot, so Ill check the log.

thnx again for the useful replies.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

your welcome

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Nisa51

Oh Woot that did it for me gave me back 15mb for phone memory Brilliant
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
trupti1011

thanks for the solution for this issue... got me soooo irritated was planing to format the cell.. :-/

Please use plain text.
KwelDude

After scanning i get:

252 MB memory in use
7256 kb free
10 kb calender
226 kb contacts
40 kb message
0 image
0 sound
0 video
82 kb documents
1063 kb Midp apps
10 mb sis Application
240 Mb other files

i have transfered all my mesages / images / sound/ video to SSD Card.. not able to transfer the contacts the option is only phone memory..
thus every day i clear my log / and evry alternate day the browser cache to use the phone .. else it show free memory .. what should i do solve the problem .. i bought the phone on 0ct 2011
Please use plain text.
KwelDude

After scanning
252 MB memory in use
7256 kb free
10 kb calender
226 kb contacts
40 kb message
0 image
0 sound
0 video
82 kb documents
1063 kb Midp apps
10 mb sis Application
240 Mb other files

i have transfered all my mesages / images / sound/ video to SSD Card.. not able to transfer the contacts the option is only phone memory..
thus every day i clear my log / and evry alternate day the browser cache to use the phone .. else it show free memory .. what should i do solve the problem .. i bought the phone on 0ct 2011
Please use plain text.
nightssedat

is Anybody using facebook app?

Please use plain text.
ngmukkala

Enter Menu- Office - File Manager - Phone Memory - Logs folder - Eng folder - 0ds folder - Mark all logs - Delete all logs through options. It will take 7 to 8 hours time for the first time. Nearly 23000 files will be there. It will take nearly one complete night. As a precaution please backup the data.
-- Nanda Gopal, Chartered Acct
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
_Exterminator_

I'm tired of deleting \ logs \ Eng \ Ods \ 3500 files every 15 days. I must do to stop this?

how to disable the generation of Logs?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kamranranjha

format the phone with the help of this code *#7370#  if not work then use this code *#7780# for format if problem still same then read this article http://www.forum.shaarpmind.com/showthread.php/37255-Memory-Full-Problem%2ACheck-The-Solution-BY-MAN... due to copyright i am i canot give this solution .....   i hope your problem solved

Please use plain text.
sunildude007

My phone is Nokia e-5....nw for a few days its showing phone memory6 full delete some files ...but there is nothing in ma phone..on checking there..is sis applications and other files...but on searching i cant find them...pls..help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
misspatra

My Nokia E5-00 would not let me open the browser in order to clear cache. I tried uninstalling other applications to free just a little more memory in order to do so as well. However, it will not uninstall because of the lack of memory. 

What can I do? 

This is extremely frustrating! Please help. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
seqer

my nokia E5-00 keeps showing Memory full.  Whar does this mean and how can I clear memory?  I have nio messages in my inbox.

Please use plain text.
leonboy24

I tried *#7780# and *#7370# but it ididnt work. I also Tried all the methods but nothing worked only ended up having free space of 2-3 MB inspite of i have 1.8 GB Memory card. still more than 99 % was still unused so i simply had to take back up of memory card and phone memory and took back up of PC suite then formatted the Memory card with this method Go to menu > Office > File Manager > Memory Card > Click on option > Choose the Memomry card options > Format > and its done i ended up having free space of 1.8 GB now simply take back up of Memory card. and its done.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mrsbodenboy

You say "As a precaution please backup the data".... What data should I be backing up and HOW?

Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

PC Suite has a tool to clean up phone memory by removing unnecessary files in phone memory. It is worth a try.
bbao

* If this post helped you, please click the white Kudo star.
* If this post has solved your issue, please click Accept as Solution.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
adhitya2106

the app Net Quin is just brilliant but I have still cleared only 30MB. Trying to clear more with it now.
Please use plain text.