Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E5-00 Trouble Turning off auto Lock Keypad

Tygerhetoric

E5-00 Trouble Turning off auto Lock Keypad

I got the Nokia E5-00 today, and out of everything I can't manage to figure out how to stop the key pad from locking automatically.

It's getting on my nerves, if I could at the least put a longer time limit on the period between where I leave the phone and it locking.

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
mezeiz2002

I have en courted the same problem. while any application is opened the keyboard automatically locks. I had E52, E71, E72, but this problem has not shown! please release a new firmware which solve this mystery!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
geluadi2000

no need for software update...just acces:menu>control panel>settings>>general>security>phone and sim card>keypad autolock period...have a nice day

Please use plain text.
mezeiz2002

Maybe I wasn’t understood correctly, it is useless to set the keypad lock timer because when I am using an application like eg. messaging the keypad locks automatically. It is not a normal situation. When an application is used the keypad lock should be inactive… or not!? :smileymad:

Thanxx!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
issyp

Did anyone get any further with this. On my e5 I have a keyboard lock that comes on every 5 minutes and a security lock that I have to enter as well. within hte security setting it is set to 5 minutes and cannot be increased  What I would like to really do is turn one or the other off.

There does not seem to be a way of doing this. so at the moment I have to press the unlock button and the button next to it and then enter a password to even access the phone. Security is good but this is too much

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jackgeo128

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Pls tell me how to turn off auto lock ?

Everytime I set the Phone auto lock period to None, it says 'Unable to unlock phone'.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

[ Edited ]

Are any of you by any chance using Mail for Exchange to sync with a corporate Exchange server? The Exchange server configuration could be forcing the device to keep the lock in place.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

Every time you change the Phone Autolock period, the phone is supposed to request your Lock Code.  The default is 12345.  Have you changed yours?  If your phone is responding with a strange error message, I wonder if your lock code has gotten scrambled somehow?  (On my E73, "Lock Code" is located right below the Keypad Autolock and Phone Autolock settings.)  Can you change the lock code to something else (even temporarily), reboot, and then try changing Phone autolock again?

(Also, could you have any third party security software installed that might interfere with the lock code?)

This is just a guess, but I have seen my E73 occasionally get its settings confused, and this technique often fixes the problem.

Please use plain text.
Melsbels74

THANKS! You're awesome! Loving this site. VERY helpful!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
simpleplan7829

This worked for me; thank you so much for taking the time to answer!

Please use plain text.
iipper

On my e5 I have a keyboard lock that comes on every 5 minutes and a security lock that I have to enter as well.

Please use plain text.
prs100_sn

Select menu
Select Ctrl.panel
Select settings
Select General
Select Security
Select Phone and SIM card
Select Keypad autolock period and
Select 'none'

(this solution is only for Nokia E5)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
samrobinson82

My Nokia E5 will not let me select 'none'. It is a company phone which synchs with email so I think this is why. So how do I overcome this?
Please use plain text.