Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E5 Battery life is terrible

Registered Member
redbaron73

E5 Battery life is terrible

I just upgraded from an E71 to the E5, primarly to get a better battery life. I use Exchange ActiveSync, with 15 minute checks. My service is AT&T 3.5G, and I keep the radio in dual mode. In a normal day on the E71, I could get 12 hours of use out of the phone before running the battery down.

Out of the box, same settings, my E5 is getting about 4-6 hours. Longer if I don't make any phone calls. But if I talk on the phone for 20-30 minutes, it will last around 4 hours total.

I am in the Dallas, TX market, and got the phone from Amazon. Has anyone else had similar experience? Any recommendation? This is really bad, and I am about ready to just return the phone to Amazon, and go back to my E71

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wolfjaimie

Re: E5 Battery life is terrible

one of the reasons I chose the E5 was the claim of long battery life. Not so.

Charged fully (6 bars) 2 days ago, Today 2 bars, and I hadn't used the phone to call or text for the past two days.

What to do... I didn't my old Krzr for this same reason.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

this depends on many factors
one is charging cycles how many have you given also read this

/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Maximize-battery-performance/td-p/431669

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Millsey

I'm on my second genuine Nokia battery (first one was DOA), but the second now won't accept a charge and is just dead. I bought two OEM batteries which both accept a charge, but only stay charged to 24hrs. I do not consider myself to be a heavy user of the phone, I'm certainly not making calls for more than about an hour a day in total, and I don't use wireless or bluetooth. I simply think that there is a problem with the Nokia BL-4D battery, but not sure how to make Nokia aware of this.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AnkurKohli

[ Edited ]

I have a nokia E 5 purchased last year. Its within warranty. from last some months, its giving strange battery problems. Even after full charging , battery will come to power saving mode in a couple of hours ( standby), or 15-20 minutes of talking.
Then any time phone will get switched off. But when I switch it on again, it will start showing full battery . AND THIS CYCLE REPEATS.

I went to Nokia Lajpat Nagar store, and they told me to just restore factory settings . i did same ad also updated reinstalled handset software through Nokia suite. It worked for one two days and the again same problem reappeared.

I am a hard core nokia user and have bought all phones since 3315 followed by 8250,6600, N 72,N 73, E 52 and the E5 one after another. And this is the first time some nokia handset has been troubling me. I have seen peoples queries being resolved here 
NOKIA TEAM PLEASE RESOLVE THIS ISSUE

Ankur Kohli

Moderator's Note: Phone number and e-mail address were removed. For security purposes, please don't publish your personal contact information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
sr19602001

I am also experiencing the same trouble as described by Dear AnkurKohli. I was told by a friend that cleaning of contacts of battery and phone may help. I tried the same, it gave relief for few days, but the problem re-appeared after some days. Having no other solution, i apply same method, but this works only for a fortnight or so, and again it gives problem. Looking for some expert advice.

Please use plain text.