Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E5 No Audio, Tone, Loudspeaker Totally muted

skd2011

E5 No Audio, Tone, Loudspeaker Totally muted

Hi,

I bought a new E5 a week back, But today suddenly audio stopped working in my phone, No sound during Call receive or while making outgoing call (I tried in Headset/Handset/Loud speaker too). I tried doing factory reset and checked basic settings like volume.. Etc.. But no Go...

Please help me regarding this.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: E5 No Audio, Tone, Loudspeaker Totally muted

As device so new suggest that you return to supplier as not fit for purpose.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
m011j

Hi I also buy a new nokia e5 last dec 23,2010... suddenly last night i noticed that the phone doesn't have sounds especially in loudspeaker..... but ive tried to use my headset and only the headset work but the loudspeaker of the phone doesn't work...please help me on how i will handle this problem THANK YOU

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

This may help Diagnose and Troubleshoot the problem..

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-diagnostics

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
chiarax81

Hi, I have the same problem. I have tried this application but it didn't work. I have tried deliting messages, rebooting, software updates..nothing works. I have bought my phone in another country is still on warranty but the warranty is only for the country which the phone was bought. pleas help!

Please use plain text.
chiarax81

Can someboby from Nokia please advice what to do?????

The audio just stopped working on my E5 and I bought the phone in another country so I can't use the warranty!

Please use plain text.
Sage

Where did you buy the phone, and where are you located ?
Nokia warranty works in regions, for instance I can bring my UK-bought phone in for repair under-warranty in a Nokia Care Point here in Belgium. 

Please use plain text.
chiarax81

thank you for your reply. At least someone is caring...i nought my nokia in the uk, scotland and i am in italy. Why can't they do itnernational warranty???we're in 2012!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nishanth91

hi guys, i m having the same loud speaker issue.. Its not working now, how do u guys repaired it?? Plz help me in this issue
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If its an Hardware issue, you need to visit Nokia Care . Your local NCC can be found thru' this link ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mike823

I got the same problem. 2 solutions which both work for me:
1. Hard reset,
2. When calling and experiencing the problem try to turn the volume up and down, this way the audible volume will somehow some way come back.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shanam

How do i HARD RESET my e5?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Shanam wrote:

How do i HARD RESET my e5?

Look HERE