Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

E5 Wifi Printer Settings

Registered Member
harold2k

E5 Wifi Printer Settings

Hi I am trying to setup my E5-00 to print wirelessly to my Lexmark s405 wifi printer but cannot connect

Printer name:       Lexmark s405

Driver:                  General

Bearer:                 LPR

Access point:       HPC

Host:                    192.168.1.1 (this is my lan ip address)

User:                     H (this is my user i use on pc)

Queue                   Lexmark s405 (shared name i entered on pc)

Orientation:           Portrait

Paper Size:            A4

Am i using the correct IP? note this i got from my wifi router...It does not connect, is there another way via the bearer: 'socket' method what would i enter for port number under that method? 

Please help anyone...

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: E5 Wifi Printer Settings

[ Edited ]

harold2k wrote:

Hi I am trying to setup my E5-00 to print wirelessly to my Lexmark s405 wifi printer but cannot connect

Host:                    192.168.1.1 (this is my lan ip address)

Am i using the correct IP? note this i got from my wifi router.

@harold2k

Welcome to the forum!

You will need to the IP address assigned to your printer not router.

Essentially certain HP printers are supported but most printers are compatible with HP's Printer Command Language (PCL) in some shape or form.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5