Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E5- can't change type of memory messages are saved...

ali182

E5- can't change type of memory messages are saved on

After transferring data from my E5 to my PC, it always changes my message storage from the memory card to phone memory, normally I just change it back, but it won't.

I do the usual- settings, other, memory in use and select memory card. A message saying 'changing memory in use' comes up, stays for a while then goes. But the memory in use doesn't actually change.

Any help please? I've had too many problems with this phone!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Re: E5- can't change type of memory messages are saved on

Hi ali182,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

You did not mention how you transfer your data from Nokia E5 to your PC. Do you by any chance remove the Micro SD card from your phone in the process? If so, this may cause the issue. We would advise you to sync your data either by using Nokia Suite or selecting the mass memory mode on the phone.

If this is exactly what you do, try to reset your phone to factory setttings by dialling *#7780# followed by your security code (the default security code is 12345, unless you've changed it). This will only reset the settings, no other data lost. 

To change the email store from the phone memory to the memory card, follow the steps below.

1. Select Menu > Messaging and Options > Settings > Other.
  2. Select  Memory in useMemory card.
  3. To question Copy all messages to the new message memory?, select Yes.
  4. To question Save original messages?, select No if you want to release the phone memory or select Yes if you wish to keep the original messages in the phone memory.

Hope this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
ali182

I've already done this and it hasn't helped at all

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

Have you considered that your memory card is corrupt to the point that the phone cannot make the switch?  The phone could be encountering an unknown error when you toggle the "Memory in use" option, and hard-resetting the phone doesn't typically affect the card.  Some people store lots of important data on their card (i.e. programs), so reformatting it to check this possibility may be a lot to ask.  In that case, maybe you have a spare card, or could borrow an empty card from a friend?  Try changing "Memory in use" with a freshly-formatted memory card (back up any important data first), and see if that helps.

Please use plain text.