Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

E5 memory full / memory low problem

Counsellor
jcswright

E5 memory full / memory low problem

Hello

I have a problem that my E5 keeps telling me it is out of memory, to the point where it has become unusable.  I've deleted applications and messages, but it seems to keep filling up and either tell me memory is low or that it is out of memory.

Options -> Memory -> Phone Memory tells me that there is over 200MB in 'Other Files', but File Manager doesn't show them and neither does the file explorer I downloaded from the Ovi Store.  So I have no idea what can be taking up all the space...

I don't seem to be the only person with this problem, and since I've deleted as much as I can I don't see how it can be my fault!  I am getting so frustrated with this phone -dDoes anyone have any idea what can be wrong?

Registered Member
terren2000

Re: E5 memory full / memory low problem

Same problem.  Sad thing its my 1st cell phone, and im already validating my own fears.

My SD card is filled up right out the box.  it ried to put 1 song on and it told me it was filled.

Registered Member
terren2000

I jsuit checked, I ahve more Phone Memory than SD Card memory.

I have 1879 used out of 2000mb.  And thats only because i deleted some of the preinstalled songs.

1629 mb goes towards SIS Applications

1863 mb Other Files

Counsellor
jcswright

Nokia Care sent the following:

"Thank you for contacting Nokia Care.

We understand the inconvenience that you are having with your device. We recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve this issue on your device." Kindly perform a hard reset:

and so on.

What's SO depressing is that they think resetting the phone is a 'troubleshooting step'.  I wrote back and said I'm not prepared to reset the phone every few months and have its performance slowly degrade inbetween (which I think is a reasonable stance?!) and that if they wanted to help perhaps they could come up with some REAL 'troubleshooting steps'.

Let's see if they're clever enough to do that.  Will keep you posted.  If not, then I'll be returning it - a hard reset every couple of months is NOT a solution to the problem.

Advisor
Bombasaki

This is just crazy...when I posted synching issues with OSX the response was so fast...now over a year with the same known issue and not a one useable solution.

Advisor
Bombasaki

Fellow Nokia E5 owners: 

jithinpjose wrote:
hiii. main reason to happen this is ovi mail apps.try to uninstall/disable if u have configured it. also go to phone memory>logs>eng then select all delete all files.. Ijust did it and got a free memory of 150MB!!!

What you said is accurate: 

This files won't show when the Phone is connected to your PC so you have to clear them 'manually' going to your phone memory options as you mentioned.

I got 116MB free after removing and I checked again 8 hours later an it was starting to fill up AGAIN. How do I prevent that?

Your solution worked for me at least! 

Registered Member
luckyone02

*** WORKED ****

Dear All..

Same Nokia E5 memory problem is with my phone.. The phone memory of my Nokia E5 showed 1.5MB. I did the below things which worked...
1. Backup your contacts and reset to factory settings.

2.Go to File Manager > Phone Memory > Logs > Options > Delete........

Now you will see - the screen as : "Deleting..."

This will take some time.. I did the same and went to sleep at night..

I woke up and saw that the HOme screen is on my mobile and clicked File Manager and saw " 186.9MB free !!!"

But I assume that we have clear this log file regularly.. This is because I completely deleted my Logs file, restarted the phone and this file was present there again...So we guess this will be a regular process..

Lets see.. Hope this works for all others..

Registered Member
swatipatel

Hi

In phone memory i can't find logs option..please help me..