Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E5 - setting internet connection order

JJSH
Accepted Solution

E5 - setting internet connection order

On my E5, I have my WLAN set up, and have confirmed that mobile internet from my operator is working.

I've set up my email, which when opened prompts for either WLAN or Mobile internet choice, If I choose WLAN, it then searches for available WLAN's, and asks which one I want to choose. Some apps, such as the Facebook one, appear to default to mobile internet unless specifically told to search for wireless networks, which they do, but you still then have to specify which one.

Is there any way to set a global setting so all apps will use wireless network 'x' if available, otherwise drop back tp mobile internet?

Please use plain text.
JJSH

Re: E5 - setting internet connection order

Bump. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
JJSH

Help! Can noone help me with this? Surely the E5 can manage connections better than this?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
e5monkey

I'm having similar frustrations with WLAN vs 3g. There really needs to be a global setting to prefer a particular WLAN or wifi in general then 3g

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
djnvzi76

U can do that with SC - SmartConnect.

It is in MENU, CONTROL PANEL, CONNECTIVITY, SC

Please use plain text.
JJSH

Thanks!

That's sorted it.

Please use plain text.