Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

E51 Gmail and Yahoo mail box access

Registered Member

E51 Gmail and Yahoo mail box access

Dear All

I was trying to configure the gmail and yahoo mail accounts in the new E51 which I have bought. I have correctly configured the mail setup with the correct username and password. But I am getting an error "Invalid Mail for exchange credentials. Check credential settings". The pop up is coming repeatedly on the phone even if am not using the same.

Please help me out for the same.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Joseph
Counsellor

Re: E51 Gmail and Yahoo mail box access

Are you trying to use Mail for exchange with gmail? I don't think that's possible. Just a thought.
Registered Member

The same is there as an option in the messaging menu.
Sage

Yep ... you need to use the 'native' email client not Mail for Exchange.
Mobile Sensei

Contributor

I had problems with my Gmail account settings too on my E61i.
Could solve it, go to: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78887&topic=12814

Hi Guys!
I'm sure by now your problems are solved. Nevertheless, let me simplify this for you. I have both my Gmail and my Yahoo mail setup on my E51 and they work beautifully. One thing you should be aware of is that while Gmail offers mobile & POP access free, you need to upgrade to a business account in yahoo to avail the same. That being said, here are the settings for each:

For Gmail:

Connection Settings > Incoming E-Mail
User name: Enter your complete Gmail e-mail address including '@gmail.com'
Password: Enter your Password
Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com
Access Point in Use: Select the active data connection
Mailbox Name: Whatever you like
Mailbox Type: IMAP4
Security (ports): SSL/TLS
Port: Default

Connection Settings > Outgoing E-Mail
My e-mail address: Enter your complete Gmail e-mail address including '@gmail.com'
User name: Again enter your complete Gmail e-mail address including '@gmail.com'
Password: Enter your password
Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.gmail.com
Security (ports): StartTLS
Port: 587

User Settings:
My Name: Whatever name you'd like to appear in your sent emails
Send Message: Choose 'Immediately' if you would like your phone to connect to the internet and send the message everytime you send an e-mail. Otherwise choose 'during next connection'
Send copy to self: Choose yes if you would like a copy of all mails that you send using your mobile, to be sent to your inbox too.Otherwise choose No.
Include Signature: Your choice. If you choose yes, enter the signature text
New E-Mail alerts: On
Reply to: If you would like people to reply to a different e-mail id then the current one, enter that.Else choose Off.
Delete E-mails From: Select Phone or Server. If you select phone, th emails get deleted only from the phone, although the header still remains till the next time you refresh. What this means is that mails deleted from you phone will continue to remain on your server and will be accessible the next time you access your mail using a PC.

Retrieval Settings:
E-Mail to retrieve: No choice here. Gmail only allows you to retrieve headers first. If you feel a mail is important you can select it and download the entire message later.
Retrieval Amount: Set how many e-mails you would like downloaded
IMAP4 folder path: This is set to 'Unix path' by default. Let it be
Folder Subscriptions: No changes required here

Automatic Retrieval: Select E-mail retrieval and set it to 'Enabled'.
Retrieval Days: All Days
Retrieval Hours: All Hours
Retrieval Interval:smileyfrustrated:et it to 5 mins if you would like e-mails to get downloaded to your phone almost as soon as they arrive (Like Push E-Mail). Else select a time interval as desired.

Yahoo: (Provided you are subscribed to premium business mail)

Connection Settings > Incoming E-Mail
User name: Enter your yahoo user name only (without '@yahoo.com)
Password: Enter your Password
Incoming Mail Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
Mailbox Name: Whatever you like
Mailbox Type: POP3
APOP secure login: Off

Connection Settings > Outgoing E-Mail
My e-mail address: Enter your complete yahoo e-mail address including '@yahoo.com'
User name: Enter your yahoo user name only (without '@yahoo.com)
Password: Enter your password
Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

User Settings:
My Name: Whatever name you'd like to appear in your sent emails
Send Message: Choose 'Immediately' if you would like your phone to connect to the internet and send the message everytime you send an e-mail. Otherwise choose 'during next connection'
Send copy to self: Choose yes if you would like a copy of all mails that you send using your mobile, to be sent to your inbox too.Otherwise choose No.
Include Signature: Your choice. If you choose yes, enter the signature text
New E-Mail alerts: On
Reply to: If you would like people to reply to a different e-mail id then the current one, enter that.Else choose Off.
Delete E-mails From: Select Phone or Server. If you select phone, th emails get deleted only from the phone, although the header still remains till the next time you refresh. What this means is that mails deleted from you phone will continue to remain on your server and will be accessible the next time you access your mail using a PC.

Retrieval Settings:
E-Mail to retrieve: Select 'Headers' only to retrieve headers first. If you feel a mail is important you can select it and download the entire message later. Select 'Size Limit' to set a limit to the size of e-mails that can be downloaded. Select 'Msgs. & Attchs' if you want everything to be downloaded.
Retrieval Amount: All

Automatic Retrieval: Select E-mail retrieval and set it to 'Enabled'.
Retrieval Days: All Days
Retrieval Hours: All Hours
Retrieval Interval: Select a time interval as desired.

With this done you should have no poblems accessing both, your yahoo mail and gmail on your E51 over a Wi-Fi connection or a data plan from your service provider.

I laready have e51 for 2 months and from i bought the email fiture is work prefecly and easy to setup. when u turn it on for the first time, there is a automatic wizzard that set your email account, you just need to enter your user name, password and server, either gmail or yahoo. but if u not setup ur email in that wizzard, clik menu > tools > setting wizard > email setting and insert the needed information..Maybe it can fix ur problem guys

Also, there seems to be a bug in the software. If your user name has special chars in it (for e.g. one of my user names has a period in it), then that username is not recognized. I've raised a mail to Nokia CC and am awaiting a reply from their end.
Counsellor
dunde

for Yahoo, not plus or premium :
incoming mail server : imap.mail.yahoo.com
outgoing mail server : smtp.mobile.yahoo.com

All other setting is like the previous one, posted before..
E52 & Lumia 620 User
Counsellor

I use a linux server based email system, dont know much about it my cuz hosts it. I am able to pull in my emails no prob, via POP3 havent tryed the Imap way, but i cant delete them.. even just the headers, when i select menue, delete
> I select header only leave on server - jsut turns the email logo white

> both phone and server - deletes it from the server but leave teh white copy on my phone. :smileysad:

Any sudjestions? very annoying cause their building up and i cant get rid of them.
Counsellor

1.are these settings for yahoo mail thats is free (not premium)..???
Counsellor

no this has nothing to do with yahoo. this is a business email for a personal domain.

its a pop3 and smtp style email.

I access gmail and Yahoo through pop3.I'm sorry I don't have an answer but my phone does the opposite. Delete phone only does nothing, delete phone and server removes the header from the phone but not the server. Also when i read emails on my phone they disappear from the phone inbox even if I don't delete them.One thing you can do is access both accounts through webmail applications.

For gmail type http;//gmail.com/app into your phone browser. This application allows you to open, delete and move gmail messages from both your phone and server.

Yahoo has a similar application - Yahoo Go! you can go to the Yahoo website on your PC and get a link sent to your phone and download the application. Like the gmail app it allows you to delete, mark as spam and move mail to folders
Sage
bedanmick

[ Edited ]
is yahoo still supporting imap? Because I can access my yahoo mail using pop but its a premium account.

Message Edited by bedanmick on 09-Oct-2008 12:57 PM
Counsellor

E51 : How Many Automatic Retrieval Can Enable

Would you please suggest How Many Automatic Retrieval Can Enable by E51.

I found it can support only 2 mails.

After that it shows
Maximum amount of mailboxes already automatically retriving e-mails

nokia e51 (14)

RM-244

pressing # key for quick multiple select of messages in my inbox or files in file manager doesnt work 

what do i do?

plz help !!! 

Advisor

Hi

My GMAIL in my Nokia E51 can only be retrieved every 30min, 60 min, and more.  There is no option for more frequent retrieval such as every 5 min.  In this discussion some said it can be set to 5min.  I don't have that option.

I have today upgraded the E51's software but still no option.

Please advise.