Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

E52 + Bluetooth Headset problems

Contributor
Accepted Solution

E52 + Bluetooth Headset problems

I recently got a Nokia E52 phone. With it, I bought the Plantronics Voyager Pro bluetooth headset (to have a matching micro-USB plug for charging).

I've head a number of intermittent issues with this:

1. During a call when using the headset, the headset would stop working and it would NOT automatically reconnect after a few seconds (which appears to be a separate issue experienced by some users on this forum)

2. When the above happens, I then have to hang-up the call because I cannot switch to using the phone without the headset. Switching the headset off also does not disconnect it from the phone. Switching the bluetooth off on the phone also does not work. The only solution to get the phone to work again is to switch off the phone.

3. As a separate problem, the phone sometimes slows down to a crawl when the bluetooth headset is connected. It takes 5-6 seconds after pressing each digit on the keypad for the number to appear on the screen, making the phone unusable during this time. Again, the only solution is to switch the phone off.

Before you blame Plantronics (which is a very popular headset), I have also tried this on a Nokia bluetooth headset (HS-21W) that I have from my old phone - the same issues happen as above.

I have already tried a few things I came across on this forum, such as deleting the pairing and pairing it again etc.

Has anyone else experienced these issues and does anyone have the solution?

Registered Member

Re: E52 + Bluetooth Headset problems

Hi

I have excatly the same combination as you have. And I also have the same problems. With my old Nokia E51, the plantronics voyager pro works perfectly. I think it is a problem of Nokias horrible bluetooth implementation. Anyway, the Nokia E52 is the worsest E-Series Handy I ever had and I had four others before!

I'll kick off the Nokia E52 because Nokia is absolutly not interessted to do anything regarding bluetoogh support with other vendors. I'm really fustrated about that because the Plantronics Voyager PRO is the best head set I ever had!

Kind regards

Xenos1980

Contributor

It looks like there's a firmware update coming through that should address these issues.

Below is the email exchange I had with Nokia Support regarding this fault. Note that the Nokia Accessories page for E52 has removed all Nokia Bluetooth headsets from the list of compatible products. The only ones left are "music-only" headsets. So, at least they have acknowledged the issue in some way.

I'll update this thread when I get more info, which probably won't be for a while. In the meantime, I guess I'll have to use a wired headset.

From Nokia:

Thank you for contacting Nokia Careline. I understand that you are having issues using your bluetooth headset. We have checked and found that HS-21W is not compatible with E52 phone. For compatible accessories for your device, you may visit our website. Here is the link, http://www.nokia.com.au/find-products/accessories.

My Response:

Thank you for your response.

I have gone to the Nokia Accessories website for E52. For Bluetooth headsets, it says "No results found" (see attached screenshot for proof).

Does this confirm that there are serious issues with Bluetooth support for this phone and that it does not work with any Bluetooth headset (either Nokia or a third-party one)?

If you can recommend a suitable and compatible Nokia Bluetooth headset which provides business-like features that match the E52 as a business phone (eg. like the Plantronics Voyager Pro), I'm happy to go out and buy it. However, if I then have problem with it (which I suspect that I will, being very cynical for my age), will Nokia then give me a full refund for the money wasted on buying that Nokia headset?

Now, how about you skip the **bleep** about "compatibility" (which is the whole point of using Bluetooth headsets which matching profile requirements) and let me know how I can get the E52 fixed, 'cos that's where the problem is?

From Nokia:

Thank you for your reply.  Let me just clarify that if you go to this website, http://www.nokia.com.au/find-products/accessories/all-accessories/headsets/bluetooth-stereo-headsets, you can find the Nokia bluetooth headsets specifically designed for the E52 device.  There is none for Bluetooth headset category. 

This is to acknowledge that you are right with regard to bluetooth profiles that bluetooth devices may support and this is to confirm that your Nokia device supports the handsfree profile that is typically used for audio connections, so third-party headsets and car kits may be compatible with your Nokia device.  There may be an issue with the devices' interoperability. To ensure interoperability between other devices supporting Bluetooth technology, use Nokia approved enhancements for this model.  Please Check with the manufacturers of other devices to determine their compatibility with this device.

In due time, there will updates to fix performance issues for the E52 device and rest assured that your comments will serve as input in evaluating our products as Nokia continues to improve our products.  At this time, please comply with the current accessory specified for the device.

My Response:

Whilst there are two headsets in the "Bluetooth stereo headsets" category, I wouldn't consider either one of them suitable for use for hands-free talk: to suggest that I should go and buy and use BH-905 with E52 is laughable, but I appreciate that you must tow the company line on this :-)

Reading between the lines, I will then sit down and expect a firmware update soon that should fix the issues.

Thank you and I'll get back in touch with you in a month or so if there's no fix in the meantime.

Also, I hope that you don't mind if I share you response on the Nokia Discussion forum? There are a few complaints of a similar nature there now and it may provide some additional info to some users.

Registered Member
Fitzbilly

Same issue.  New Nokia E52 with updated firmware version 022.009 and new Plantronics Pro bluetooth headset.  Conversations held via bluetooth headset drop after a period of time (anywhere between 5 mins and 50 mins). 

Tip: if this happens, press the left selection key on the Nokia E52 and you *should* be presented with an option to switch to handset which will allow your conversation to continue but via the handset microphone.  IMHO This also demonstrates that it is the Bluetooth connection that is the problem as the phone has not lost connection to the call itself.

Surely it cannot be that hard to release a software version that works...it's not like Bluetooth is niche software anymore. 

And Nokia, to describe this phone as "Bluetooth compatible" is surely an offence under trade descriptions at this time as you acknowledge that there are no compatible headsets.

Contributor

I have upgraded to firmware 31.012 (release data 06-Jan-2010) - custom version 031.012.C00.01 (upgraded through the PC). It appears to have resolved the bluetooth issues.

I have been using it extensively for a week now and I haven't experienced any problems.

It would have been nice to have been spared the grief of these issues in the first place, but it's still a pretty good response from Nokia.

Registered Member
Fitzbilly

Which network are you on?  When I try to update I am advised that based on my phone has the latest version 022.009.

Apparently in the updater this is based on the phone  "Product Code" which is network dependent.  I am on Vodafone and so they may not have yet approved the update :smileymad:

Counsellor

please HELP! i cannot send through bluetooth!!! Frustrating for a smartphone!

Registered Member
ashfaqgreece

pls help me i have nokia e52 its have bluetooth is not working

Advisor
zoetje

Hi,

My E52 cannot see my BH-105 (Nokia bluetooth headset compatible with E52), although it can see other devices! I hoped a firmware update as suggested would do the trick, unfortunately!! Anybody other suggestions?

I have a E52-1, RM-469

Software version 054.003.C00.01

release date 15 jan 2011

Thanks!

ps the BH105 pairs flawlessly with my N97, no problems except for listening to the radio, music player works fine with it so I`m not sure if the problem is with the E52 or the BH-105

[ Edited ]

i have the same problem. My Bluetooth headsets BH102 dont work with e52, telephone dont found this headsets (or mayby dont find any headsets), when i used e71 i dont have any problems.

Anybody have any solution for this problem?

my firmware version 071.004

model e52-1

type RM-469

language pack 04.01