Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E52 - Hard Reset? Does any key-combination really ...

E52 - Hard Reset? Does any key-combination really work?

Hi,

my new E52 got a new firmware about 2 weeks ago, but has quit work once again yesterday. As my nearest Nokia Service point didnt work this saturday, I am trying to hard reset the phone by myself. 

My phone has switched off, didnt do anything. Now it doesnt start anymore. Vibration comes, but no display or keypad light nor any further actions.

I tried the Green+*+3 and Camera+3+* hard-reset options and actually any other one i could find on the net. Was pushing these buttons for one whole minute after and before the vibration came, but it didnt work. 

Can anyone help me and give me a working option?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: E52 - Hard Reset? Does any key-combination really work?

here is the codes you need

rad 24 for credit

With all these operations I recommend you TAKE OUT MEMORY CARD and DO A BACK UP OF YOUR STUFF!!!

NOTE: In front of the hash key ( #) there is also a STAR key that people often miss and state that the code does not work.

1.. *#7780# - Restore factory settings - resets all the settings to the default ( you will not lose any data) Make sure you back up your data as you will lose all of it when you perform option 2 or 3 on this list. The default code for ALL operations listed here is 12345.

2.*#7370# - Reformat your phone (out of the box, tho keep in mind that most newer nokia phones at least n series, e series and s60 based phones have udp - user data preservation so not ALL data may be lost. still it is a good idea to always do a back up of your stuff.)3. This you perform as a last resort. Nothing else is working.If the phone is not showing any activity, proceed with hard formatting , turn off your phone, hold the following buttons while pressing the power button. (the default code is 12345)

3. hard reset - hold the following buttons * (star key), (number button) and talk/green key. turn on the phone and do not release those buttons until you see the Nokia boot up screen. once you feel the phone power up you can let go off the power button while still holding all three buttons ( for Nokia 5800XM - use the following buttons to do a hard reset, /GREEN/RED/CAMERA keys pressed all at once on power up. this will only work on 5800's that have firmware version 20... and up. ) For Nokia N97 (unofficial version but works) is SHIFT /SPACE BAR / BACKSPACE while holding the power button. Again do not let go until you see the handshake screen.

If these codes are not working the only thing for you to do is contact your Nokia Care Center/Service for assistance.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.

Thanks, but doesnt help. Knew those codes before, but didnt know if anyone has tried them on their E52 yet.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tmage

I have tried all three codes on my E52 and all of it works.
5110->1100->6100->3230->6233->6681->N72->N73->5800->(With E52 I am done with Nokia)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

it should work the combiantion has to be done to perfection and reqiures good finger stability,if not send it to nokia care

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I did try all all three method. The phone recognized all of them. I am not sure if the phone did what these commands suppose to do.

I liked to set my phone at the very initial state and I thought that the third method  (hard reset) will do this. But, if fact it didin't. My phone was reset not to the very initial state (from factory). I understood this because my new phone keeps after

hard reset the new FW (which I did install earlier) instead of returning the the older FW.

I do have two questions:

- how to set E52 to its very initial state (from factory)

- there is any place where to download the data of the 1GB SD card  coming with E52? This SD card have some themes that I accidentally deleted.

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LarsW

Hi,

Your phone will NOT revert to old Firmware because of a Reset. FW is burned into the phone and will stick,untill you flash it with some other (older or newer) firmware.

regards

Lars

Please use plain text.
Contributor

3. Hard reset... Saved me time, effort and a great deal of ball ache!!! Thank you so much for that valuable piece of information...
Please use plain text.
Sage
ryanismo

About the default themes in your microSD, I think I could help. I will upload the four default themes somewhere sometime. I got their installation files from some site. I just couldn't recall what site that was. I will keep you posted.
02-06-2010
RM-346
Nokia E71-1 (27)
Please use plain text.
Sage
ryanismo

Try this: http://nokia-betalabs.blogspot.com/2009/09/download-original-nokia-e52-themes.html
02-06-2010
RM-346
Nokia E71-1 (27)
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I tried to install these themes in my Nokia E52. They do not work. I do have a message error "notification error".
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

these codes do work by the way notification error is regarding your firmware status

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Ok, let make things clear. These themes cannot be installed in my E52.

I have downloaded the themes sis files, and saved in my mobile sd card. 

After opening them, I do have a security warning. I proceed however, with the installation.

After a few secs I do have an error message "Update error".

ps: The firmware in my E52 is 022.009

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Got my E52 12 Dec 2009, played with it a lot and it needed a recharge couple of days later, while charging it switched off, and I could not get it going with any of the codes, eventually I decided to leave the battery out over night and it actually helped. I immediately did an over the air firmware update

Today (28 Jan 2010), the spontaneous switch off happened again, I left the battery out for over an hour with no luck. I will try it over night again (just hope that it works).

By the way, if it is in this completely dead mode, it does not even want to charge. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

No luck with the battery out options, off to Nokia today to hopefully flash the firmware with a newer version that will make all the hassles go away (I just hope I will have it back in a couple of weeks)
Please use plain text.
Sage
Suyogmh

I also have exactly same issue yesterday, just after 1 month of getting new E52. Before this happened I was getting many times "Memory Full" Message. I had checked that Phone memory was just about 2 MB.

So when this happened yesterday night, my all attempts to revive phone were futile.

Then I removed Memory Card, Battery, SIM and kept phone like that overnight. In morning I just tried restart , and heyyyyyyyyyyy it worked.

Then I noticed that i was getting number of error messages, both softkeys were missing.

So I did Hard reset as mentioned in earlier post.

Now all seems fine till now. Is Nokia listening here? This is very serious issue as many users have faced same.

Best Regards,
Suyog
Please use plain text.
Sage
Suyogmh

Nokia Care replaced my phone with new set in 7 days, now its working fine.

I am sure issue is serious and I request all you guys to follow up with your local Nokia care, in fact you should show them this thread.

Best Regards,
Suyog
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
apecher

I have exactly the same problem as you..... the most I can get out of this machine is a vibration.....

Did you find any solution to this problem yet?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vivekmaps

Well this is typical problem with E52 and nokia is well aware of it.... they are just letting people get the issue and then resolve it.....

I have my brand new Nokia E52 for few weeks and its gone dead completely twice.  Since then its with Nokia and Service centre as well as Nokia headquarter where its supposedly getting repaired are clueless and have not giving any satisfactory answers.

Worst is they are not ready to acknowledge the problem and continue to frustrate customers... its SHAME nokia that you are ignoring all these threads... BE BOLD and recall and replace E52. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TomasHo

Hi all of you, I just encountered the same problem you've been mentioning. My phone went dead in the middle of the day, with no prior warning. No dead battery, no software or firmware upgrade or anything. The GPS was on, the internet connection via provider's network was on, and I guess I pressed the off button once by mistake (which brings up the list of Profiles) and then a quick Nokia screen and it was gone. I thought I just turned it off by mistake, but when I tried to turn it on again, all i got was a short vibration. And a dead screen. So I plugged it in at home and thought - maybe the battery was dead after all, but it doesn't charge or do anything else save for the short vibration when I press the off button. I tried the hard reset (STAR-THREE-pick up button), but no change. The phone had been in the shop more than once (once for a firmware upgrade, once for a speaker change), so I'll have the guys burn a new firmware on it - if that does not help, I'm eager to see if Nokia will do anything about it. It sure is a bad time to leave your phone in the service when you're leaving for two months. I'll be happy to hear from anyone else with this problem.
Please use plain text.