Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Official Changed Log

Contributor
sandy1115

E52 Latest Firmware Version 071.004

E52 Latest Firmware Version 071.004

What is the change log?

should we upgrade?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sandy1115

Official Changed Log

The following new features and updating options are available for your Nokia E52. New, faster version of the web browser, including web search integrated into the web address field, and support for multiple windows Here and Now application, which provides you with timely information on your current location, including the weather forecast and details of local movies, restaurants, and events Emoticons can be used in text and multimedia messages New versions of Maps and Ovi Store Ovi Contacts removed General performance and usability improvements

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Let's give some corrections.

Only the web browser engine is updated. The UI is the same, so no "integrated search". But it is faster and better, including some HTML5 support.

Here and Now ? It is on Ovi Store, free. BTW: The "new" version of Ovi Store included in the FW is still old and must be updated - another space lost on the small drive C:...

Ovi Maps it is indeed updated to the "latest" version (almost one year old...)

And, what is also updated and not mentioned:

- Email version is 3.13, newer than 3.09 offered as upgrade to the previous FW, so you can uninstall it before FW upgrade.

- Adobe Reader LE 2.5

- World Traveler seems to updated into the FW, I can't find it in the Application Manager list.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sandy1115

practicaly sound quality is much better now being more loud & crisp sound,

new feature included is animated smilies in messege editor

their is no problem in upgradation

Please use plain text.
DmytroL

@sandy1115 "General performance and usability improvements"

Interestingly, there is no such item for v071.004 on the official changelog Wiki page.

Also, has anyone experienced issues with FM radio playback through headphones in the new version of firmware? I saw a complaint on a Russian forum where someone claimed they could only play FM radio through the loudspeaker after the upgrade.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sandy1115

playing FM is as usual, no change ie both speaker /headphone .
their is now official change log mentioned .
i did not found tweeter launch client after upgrade as mentioned in changed log
Please use plain text.
DmytroL

[ Edited ]

They say Twitter client becomes available only when you upgrade the firmware through NSU. FOTA upgrade won't add any new apps.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post has been edited because you mentioned a tool that only a Nokia Care Point is authorised to use.

Please use plain text.
anoopworks

I have succesfully updated my E52-1(RM-469)  to S/W version 71.004(71.004.C00.01) by FOTA on my 3G network. However, I did not get the Twitter App. widget & Here & Now. The Nokia care point is very far away & I have to waste half a work day to go there & have my phone updated.

How can I get the above software?

Please use plain text.
DmytroL

"playing FM is as usual, no change ie both speaker /headphone ."

Confirmed: according to the original reporter, problems with FM playback through headphones were caused by 3rd party software.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
masster64

[ Edited ]

what about that **bleep** "Waiting for GPS..." connection issue ? any news ?

there is no way connecting with Integrated GPS + Assisted GPS ONLY .

the GSM forums are full of complaints :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SachinMistry

"web search integrated into the web address" - I am not able to figure this out, I have updated to 71.004. Is it an updater issue or missed out by Nokia in the FW release?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have an E52-1 on 054.003 type RM-469 but Ovi suite says my software is current. Any idea why? I need the e-mail client update to stop getting the dreaded HTML security bug.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
easymax82

I've just updated the fw but I get an annoying problem with wallpaper. It seems it's been enlarged and lower part is not correctly placed. Wallpaper dimension is ok: with previous firmware no problem...any ideas?

Please use plain text.
symtom

Hi i have the same issue on my E52. The message number changes automaticly.

more in detail: when i start up it adds a Message centre : SIM message centre(01)

+32475161616 from a another mobile operator.

This happened after upgrading to 071.004, suppose this not a new feature.

Please use plain text.
symtom

[ Edited ]

Hi i have noticed when i run the GPS application toghether with the Opera mini application i get a memory full warning. when on previous version i did not have this.

Kind regards,

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
staceyboy3

Re: E52 Latest Firmware Version 071.004

In my e52 phone the update doesn't detect music files from the music player when i refresh. I can open it via file manager, but i'd prefer to have it visible in music player...

How can i make my phone recognize the mp3 music files i add?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I also have an E52-1 with firmware 054.003. My Ovi suite also says my firmware is up to date? Any idea how to force the upgrade?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I am still waiting for my update too. Has Nokia not released this yet in the UK? I bought an unlocked phone from Expansys so I would have thought it would have got updated pretty quickly. People have complained about having to wait a couple of weeks for Anna - how about us lot? 3 months so far.... This update seems pretty important because it finally allows the MfE client to show Google mails......

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well my old Nokia was replaced and I  received a new one yesterday. The old one had the firmware updated from Vodafone branded 53.004 to generic 071.004 by the service centre as I had problems with my old phone. The new one has the same Vodafone branded 53.004, which is bad as the new one really makes the phone run smoother. And it has smilies included :smileyhappy:

[EDIT]

Ok. I spoke with the service centre and the problem is the Vodafone branded firmware. I have either two options:

1. wait for Vodafone to update their branded firmware

2. send my phone to the service centre to get the generic upgraded firmware.

Because I need my phone, I'll have to wait for the Vodafone to upgrade their firmware. If they are going to as Nokia E52 isn't a new model anymore.

I'm **bleep**ed either way.

**bleep** support by Nokia and Vodafone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nicolasnoakes

Also note that the "type to search" functionality for the contacts list is now limited to first & last name only - if you have a contact entry with only a company name (e.g. shop, restuarant, etc) then type to search won't find it.

Please use plain text.