Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E52 Web browser (NokiaBrowser) memory full proble...

lament

E52 Web browser (NokiaBrowser) memory full problem with GIF animations

Hello,

I am having a problem with the Web browser (NokiaBrowser) when displaying certain animated GIFs. The Web browser crashes with the error "Memory full. Close some applications and try again.". One example of such animated GIF is here: http://members.wolfram.com/jeffb/visualization/ss-rotate.shtml

I am using NokiaBrowser 7.3.1.34 and E52 firmware 091.003. The animation worked flawlessly in older firmware/browser versions.

Any one else with this problem?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Re: E52 Web browser (NokiaBrowser) memory full problem with GIF animations

Hi lament,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.

The reason why you're unable to open such web pages is most likely because you do not have enough memory available on your device. Please reset and update your phone, this will make sure that any unnecessary, unused data will be removed from the phone and will create more free memory.

Connect your phone to Nokia Suite and go to Tools > Back up to create a back up of the data that you want to keep. Don't tick the Settings box. 

Now disconnect the phone from Nokia Suite and enter *#7370# and default security code 12345 into your phone. Once the phone has rebooted, reconnect with Nokia Suite and click on the green arrow icon where you will be able to reinstall the current software. This option is displayed in blue. 

Once the software has reinstalled itself, restore the back up via Tools > Restore. 

If you have multiple email accounts configured on your phone, a way to create more free memory is to delete emails you don't need to keep on the phone. You can also change the amount of emails that are displayed in your inbox via Menu > Email > Settings > Select your email account > Account Settings > What to sync > Inbox settings > Hide email older than > Set this to a smaller time frame. 

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you manage to resolve the issue, otherwise I can provide further support.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
lament

Iris9290 thanks for the suggestions but I have already tried reflashing the phone and it does not help. I've also tried the animations the first thing when the phone was flashed (before restoring the backup, so the device was "clean") but the problem was already present.

I guess that the only possible solutions are a software downgrade (on 051.018 the problem was not present, as far as I know it uses an older version of the browser) that I can not do or Nokia fixing the software bug and releasing a new firmware version. Any third option?

Please use plain text.
iindans

Thank you, it works!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jennissh

how to downgrade nokia e52?
Please use plain text.
musica

I'm afraid it's not possible my friend. Re-installing the software of the device using the Nokia Suite is by far, what you can do.

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Advisor
JapanRobots

is there any way to get 1GB RAM for my nokia E52 along with a cpu speed of 1.5GHZ
Please use plain text.