Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E52 and crash problems with VoIP

jarsiv

E52 and crash problems with VoIP

[ Edited ]

I have Nokia E52 and it seems that it crash and reboot the phone with VoIP calls. I had use three VoIP could I say services: Advanced VoIP settings, GIZMO VoIP and Fring. Mainly I had use WLAN connection but sometimes 3G. SIP-provider is Saunalahti (Nettipuhelin)

So when I call VoIP calls sometimes it works and sometimes phone freeze and then reboot. This is very irritating. When it freeze you can see that VoIP connection is still on (even who is opposite on the line doesn't hear anything warning noise) and then the phone just reboot. Usually I use Advanced VoIP settings or GIZMO and WLAN. I got also with Fring these freezing and rebooting.

Sometimes it works fine but then there are times when it freeze and reboot like in 1-2min calls. After reboot it already take auto-connection to SIP-provider. Then you can call again but don't take a breath usually it freeze and reboot again after short call.

Have you got same problems? I hope that you can fix this. I am using version 034.001 in E52. (By the way E51 worked fine...)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sangean99

Hi! I have the same problem with my Nokia E52 from Budapest.

Please use plain text.
jarsiv

Hopefully Nokia can fix this with next firmware.

There is no problem with provider because with PC and E51 VoIP calls works fine with same sip account.

Please use plain text.
jarsiv

It seems that taking power saving off on wlan settings helps. Also I set wlan power from 100mW to 10mW.

Please use plain text.
dedekpepek

halo jarsiv, have the same problem, can you say how to set power saving off on wlan? i can't see this setting on my phone

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lemmik

I have the same problem with Nokia E51. I updated firmware and it happens again and again. It's strange that with one voip provider the phone is not crahsing... It's strange that so many people have the same problem but Nokia hasn't paid attention to it or released a fix...

Please use plain text.