Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E52 firmware 052.003 - Yes or no?

Advisor
mitja

E52 firmware 052.003 - Yes or no?

Hi all!

I am in doubts if this update is ok. A lot of complaints were written about the previous update (051.018), so i left the old one on my E52. Anyone already updated with the new one (052.003)? Any critical bugs?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dunde

Yes. Enhancing stability, enhancing speed and responds on menu browsing.

I failed to upgraded with ovi suite (afet donwloading 150mb+) :smileysad: but then with Updater of the phone, it's only 1200kb+ download from FW 051.018

E52 & Lumia 620 User
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mitja

Thanks for the reply! I would like to hear some more comments of other users, to be more sure(no offence Dunde).Anyone else has this update?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bavarez

yes i do. with this update the phone has increased speed, stability, the battery lasts longer, gps works faster on aquiring the satellite signal, the volumes of music player and internet/fm radio are louder, the keylock doesn't lock when you are running a full screen aplication, improved loading times on menu and other related aplications. network signal indicator is more sensitive and is showing almost realtime the level of network signal in your area. but there are two bugs in it. first the rotating screen when you silence an alarm or a call and switching fm radio stations by pressing de answer button from your handsfree that freezes the aplication and restarts the phone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ruben_ochoa

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mitja

Hello again!

Thanks for the replies. I decided to take a risk and to update.

Now with the v 052.003 the phone works faster, shuts down faster and seems to be more stable than before. I checked for the calendar bug and i can confirm it. The first line disappears when the tiping gets in the second line. Anyway i think it is worth updating to this version.

I hope nokia will soon fix the remaining bugs.

Best regards,

Mitja

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Pufcio

Can anyone confirm that this firmware still has the bug that prevented N-gage games from activating? Doing update with the built-in updater didn't help at all. It's really hopeless.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nathaniel_Sy

[ Edited ]

I really find the COPY & PASTE feature of my Nokia E52's WEB BROWSER (take note) very vital. When I bought my E52 two days ago, it was there. This was my second E52. The first DIDN'T HAVE that feature (I owned an E51 and it had that). And when I saw that the E52 had that feature, I was ecstatic! "Thank God!" I said to myself. But when I updated to version 052.003 just today... I was saddened because it "disappeared." Even when I try using its EDIT OPTION, it won't copy and paste through the web browser, say, when you're using gmail.

If somebody can solve this for me.. Please do. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nathaniel_Sy

The heck, I'll just use Opera Mini or Mobile. At least they have copy & paste. Sheesh.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dunde

[ Edited ]

I upgraded FW to 54.003 this morning. There's still no change log.

E52 & Lumia 620 User
Please use plain text.
Advisor
truedon007

Pls help me all. I want 2ask if this phone can play ngage games. Bcos i can't Find the ngage software. Do anybody here find the ngage in his or her phone
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Pufcio

[ Edited ]

Yes, it does support N-gage.

Although because of the bug, bought games cannot be activated, thus you're stuck with a demo of game you've paid for to get full version. It's just so ridiculously hilarious I just want to cry laughing... And for that Nokia should apologize. Apologize, fix this, and give something extra (additional full version games would be nice I think). I've bought a game few months ago (when I already had the 052.xxx firmware) and since then, I've got a "paid demo version", because no firmware contained a fix for this. It's sad. The Symbian is dying and no one cares about us, customers - we're on our own - and it's just so obvious (look at differences between firmwares - they can't even fix bugs that were present in 033.xxx firmware!) that somebody should feel ashamed because of that situation we're in. Android based smartphones cost a bit more, but hey - they've got support we can't even dream about in our wildest dreams.

So Dear Nokia - do something about those *bussiness-oriented* smarthphones of yours (yeah, those which can't even send an e-mail from a built-in client, for God's sake!) .

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post has been edited. Your feedback is welcome in the discussions board and we encourage users to voice out their concerns in a tone that is respectful to Nokia and other users to maintain a friendly environment. Thank you for understanding.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Suyogmh

This is very sad state of affairs, Nokia is really not doing good here. They are making loyal supporters to suffer. Nokia Music, Ovi Files, Ovi Share and Ngage , all epic fail.

Here is proof of how Nokia killed Ngage in E52 via FW update.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEO_A5XOMnI

Anyone from Nokia can explain?

Best Regards,
Suyog
Please use plain text.
Advisor
truedon007

Ya now my old nokia e52 can now play n-gage games. I hacked and installed the n-gage software. Now i can play more n-gage games its fun.
Please use plain text.