Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E6-00 Belle - keyboard not responds - repetetive p...

Contributor
sharadbajaj24

Re: E6-00 Belle - keyboard not responds - repetetive problem

Nokia Please provide an update for this issue..this phone is useless and i really regret to have spend my money on this.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bhanu69

I Agree with you sharad, This is a critical bug in the phone and nokia should fix this at the earliest,even I have to restart my phone almost daily to keep my keypad working.

I tried hard reset, reinstalling software but nothing worked :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jostian007

Nokia don't care about the E6 after belle...they are silent silent silent on any of the issues and whether there will be a FW update to fix some (all) of the issues, and silence from them is not inspiring, methinx the E6 has already been thrown by the wayside by them...after 7 yrs of being a big Nokia fan my E6 will be the last nokia I buy, they are not the same company I remember, they just don't give a damn anymore, thus neither do I!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MerlinPowered

I am having the same problem too. The keyboard just becomes unresponsive. Has anyone found a fix for this, or know if there is an update coming?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AntoniR

Guys,

I think I found a workaround. To be sure you're having the same problem, the erroneous state of the phone is as follows:

- shortcut buttons work

- touchscreen works

- Enter works

- D-pad works

- Lock slider works

- character buttons don't work.

I noticed that my phone, in such case, thinks that Ctrl button is held. Try to use some combinations with Ctrl (like Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V). Keyboard is back alive. Much easier that rebooting the phone.

Please try it, I wonder if it works for you.

Cheers,

--

Antoni

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Vitoro

Thank you, AntoniR, will try.

For me also works, if I just shortly call & drop any of last numbers in my call log, then keyboard starts to work again.

But nevertheless I'm angry at Nokia for not fixing this annoying bug.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Aawara

Plz fix this problem.

It irritates me 2 much that even haiving E6 I'm unable to enjoy the features of a symbian phone without keypad.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jerre123

If my keypad doesn't respond, I just have to press ctrl to unluck it.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jgrzmmm

It also works for me, CTRL + any key and then keyboard starts functioning again

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Vitoro

I have a new problem with keyboard now - sometimes keys stop responding when setting up an alarm clock. In this case only touchscreen and d-pad are functional, so it means that I cannot set the time of alarm. Pressing "Ctrl" does not help, only way to get rid of this is to restart the phone. I did a Belle reinstall few days ago, it didn't help either. Does anybody know solution for that?
Please use plain text.
safvan

i  have nokia e6 mobile  and my  mobile keypasd not  properly  worl    1.2.3.4.5.6 not  work  and  other  all complet work

pls help me  how to  work  ?

Please use plain text.
aleisha11

safvan wrote:

i  have nokia e6 mobile  and my  mobile keypasd not  properly  worl    1.2.3.4.5.6 not  work  and  other  all complet work

pls help me  how to  work  ?

You can switch off/on your phone and check if you're able to use your phone properly. If it's not working, you need to bring the phone to the repair facility to have it checked. They will be able to help you on this issue.

Visit this link to find for your local support and the nearest repair facility in your area: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/locations/

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
ineedcare

same problem ! i had ...............

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Boules

acutally it is the worst device i ever got , it hangs more than it work , i never got a day with some thing hang on it. wish i can have money back . nokia have to give a smart solution because most of people never think to have nokia again after the issue they face with it . i really feel so frustrated with my E06 device . all it do just hang . it does not matter you upgraded it or not , it just hang .like i paid my money to have haned device .

Please use plain text.