Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E6 Exchange Question / Phone Performance

Advisor
BBorges

E6 Exchange Question / Phone Performance

Hello,

I have replaced my E71 with a new E6 phone, and I am having performance issues when using a Exchange email account.

I suspect the emails are being saved under "Phone Memory" and after a few weeks, the memory runs very low (about 100 MB free) and the phone gets very slow when replying/managing Exhange emails. I then change the delete period to 1 month (as opposed to NEVER) and the memory free up again (240 Mb free), but it eventually it takes space again and slows down the phone.

In order to minimize this, I would like to confirm if actually emails are being saved under "Phone Memory" and how I can set it up to save the emails under "Mass Memory" (4.6GB free) OR "Memory Card" (3.7GB free), whichever will give me the best performance.

Or any configuration tip in order to free up Phone Memory to have programs running faster. The phone is basically new, with an Exchange account + Gmail account and nothing else much installed.

Please let me know if I forgot any important information.

Thanks in advance,

BB

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Vitoro

Re: E6 Exchange Question / Phone Performance

[ Edited ]

As far as I know, you can't change the destination memory for emails. So I just delete and set up back my Exchange account every couple of months or so.
I have another issue though - my Exchange is quite quick, but Gmail email retrieval is extra slow for some reason, every message loads about 20sec regardless of connection speed.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
BBorges

Re: E6 Exchange Question / Phone Performance

Appreciate the feedback Vitoro. It just seems counter intuitive to have the phone delivered with approx. 300Mb free memory and almost 8Gb of storage space, and NOT having the option to select the emails destination. Am I missing something here?

Is there anything I could delete/move to Mass/Card memory to free up more Phone Memory?

Thanks!
Please use plain text.