Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E6 - Standby Battery life - Dangerously low???...

Advisor
agprabhakar

E6 - Standby Battery life - Dangerously low???!!!

I'm afraid there is something wrong in the battery life of my new E6.

After 2-3 days of continous usagae and playing around charging in between many times, Friday used the phone minimally, and when I woke up in the Saturday morning, the Phone was fully DEAD!!!!  

I truly wanted to test the standby life of the phone.  

Charged the mobile in the Saturday morning fully,  kept the widgets off, no browsing or using the phone, except couple of short phone calls and couple of emails.  The phone battery status was showing 80% before going to bed on saturday night, today  sunday morning, bingo the phone was fully DEAD!!!!  

Can other E6 owners test and tell me this?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
BlurGuy

Re: E6 - Standby Battery life - Dangerously low???!!!

same as yours but mine got 2 bar of battery after one and a half days after 30 sent msg,45 received msg,Internet about 30minutes,quickoffice about 15 minutes and standby using GSM network for a whole night.Nokia said that this batttery phone are best among the others...and its truly lies.....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
matija0zg

hi guys!
I have a simila

r problem.
I'm using E72.
Do you have a some other operater sim card? Try to use it.

I from croatia. On t mobile card. Battery longs only from 8am to 3pm. Thats when 3g is on and mail alltime sinhronization.
I try to put some other operater sim card.. And than battery is normal 2day of usage
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mstandl

hey,
by now I thought it is a well known fact that the battery life of a mobile phone increases after about 20 charges or so. Obviously there a re still ppl who don't get this.
So don't judge the phone's battery life after you have charged it only once.
Also look if you have installed things like nokia email or other push message services which drain a lot of power. These are all well known tips.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
agprabhakar

@mstandl, 

mstandl wrote:
hey,
by now I thought it is a well known fact that the battery life of a mobile phone increases after about 20 charges or so. Obviously there a re still ppl who don't get this.

Hi,

I'm not complaining this just after one charged.  I have charged it 4-5 time already.

And tell me seriouly, when I charged fully in the morning it was 100% battery, and before going to bed the battery was 80% (there is a in-built battery power meter in E6), and do u think it is fair to go dead just again next day early morning??

Remember all those push services was kept disabled in the night fully.

Please use plain text.
buckym

I have same problem, The battery life is extremely poor. 

Nokia completely missed estimates about battery life.

I do 20 min of calls, about 30 mins of 3g browsing, email synch 30 mins and litle bit of wifi every day.

My battery life on E6 is about 28 hours. I hate this. My old phone, Nokia E52 does 4 days in heavy usage. When you compare E52 and E6 stanby and talktime at Nokia website. E6 should last longer according to Nokia. It is BS.

POOR and POOR battery life, Nokia E6 is great phone, but this make me return to E52.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
aimsbond

I am also facing the same problem. I bought E6 for its claimed Battery life 681 Hours standby time and 14 hours 48 Min talk time. (http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_e6_00-review-616.php).

However, my one last hardly a day and half. Whereas my E72 used to last at least three days with push mail on and heavy use. 

I don't know what's wrong with this phone. Gonna complaint to Nokia

Please use plain text.
Sage
Since_6110

Hi. I believe it will improve of the order of 5-7% after 10-20 charges. This is nothing like the improvement need to get this battery anywhere near its quoted stamina.

Please use plain text.
Sage
gnirkatto

mstandl wrote:
hey,
Also look if you have installed things like nokia email or other push message services which drain a lot of power. These are all well known tips.

I have mine since 2 weeks now and charged 20 times or more. Battery life increased SLIGHTLY - from one day to 1.5 to 2 max.

I think we all know that if we turn off everything, make no phone calls, or better turn the phone off entirely, then battery life will go up dramatically.

The thing is, Nokia promised a month, but no "smart" person would have expected an entire month with push email on, occasional web surfing and making 20 or so calls a day etc. But I would say the realistic expextation was that the battery will last a week or so - which would have been far more than any other phone. And no complaint would be justified about such a performance.

I think the issue wer'e all having here is that Nokia clearly lied to us, when attracting us by claiming this one month of battery life. Very upsetting

Please use plain text.
Advisor
matija0zg

Im using E6 for 2 days.
The stupidest thing is battery
battery autonomy is less than 12hours

specifications are totally lie.
I used 3 batteries on phone. From E71, E72, E52
and the same thing...
Battery last for 12 hours.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Gestapo

Same problem.

After using The E52-model for 18 month I am not satisfied with the battery time on the E6.

I will now do some tests this weekend before I decide if I am going to return the phone.

I have the E6 for almost a month now and this was one reason why I bought it, besides the query and the terrific display.

:smileymad:

Nokia E6 - Dataplan 5GB Speed up to 10 Mbit/s
NAS Server Synology DS409+

http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/product-support/e6-00/user-guide
Please use plain text.
Advisor
cleukers

My battery is usually almost full after a 14hr day, including email, sms and internet browsing. I seem to have six out of the seven battery bars remaining in the evening.
(my new Android phone was down to 40%-50% after most similar days)

Its probably a program/app/widget or sync setting which drains your battery..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
aimsbond

Nokia E6 claimed battery life is a Hoax!

Nokia has given me a new battery and it has improved the battery life a bit but not upto the mark. E6 with a moderate use is way too behind its predecessors E71/72. I have used both and was very happy with the battery performance hence I bought this phone as soon as it was available (July 7) in Bangladesh. My phone lasts one & halfday with moderate use. I have set display illumination and key padlight to the lowest. My E72 needed charging twice a week but E6 requires almost every alternative days, hence four times a week. Nokia has simply misled us or sending lower quality produts to the emerging markets.

Not going to buy a Nokia again, nor going to recommend as well. So disappaointed.  

Please use plain text.
Sage
gnirkatto

Re: Nokia E6 claimed battery life is a Hoax!

aimsbond wrote:

Nokia has given me a new battery and it has improved the battery life a bit but not upto the mark. E6 with a moderate use is way too behind its predecessors E71/72. I have used both and was very happy with the battery performance hence I bought this phone as soon as it was available (July 7) in Bangladesh. My phone lasts one & halfday with moderate use. I have set display illumination and key padlight to the lowest. My E72 needed charging twice a week but E6 requires almost every alternative days, hence four times a week. Nokia has simply misled us or sending lower quality produts to the emerging markets.

Not going to buy a Nokia again, nor going to recommend as well. So disappaointed.  

Not true for emerging markets only. I'm from central Europe and in the meanwhile arrived at a battery lifetime of one day. I have email check every 15 minutes on, mostly over WLAN, bluetooth+headset, spend ~15 minutes a day surfing the web over WLAN, and I'm making ~one hour phone calls each day approx. No other online widgets or similar are active.  At night, the phone has not more than 10% battery left or is dead. My old E72 lasted almost 3 days with the same usage profile. Pathetic E6 performance, compared to the E72 and compared to what Nokia claimed upfront.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
myn1126

Hi all,

For assistance about any unresolved concerns or complaints about Nokia E6 battery, we highly recommend that you directly send or voice out your feedback directly to Nokia by contacting local Nokia Careline via phone or email by clicking on the "Contact Us" link at your local Nokia website.

Kind Regards

Please use plain text.
Advisor
matija0zg

On my E6 first battery bar dissapear after 2-3 hours of regular use

Does your phone heat up while you using it?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
arbakul

@myn1126 Does "direct complaining"  wolud provide us - E6 user - sooner firmware update? I mean firmware which fixes: notification light problem, keybord baclkit, ovi social and ovi store unclosing connection and few more?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
harunorhan

indeed, what is nokia going to do about the notification light, why is Nokia so quiet about this!!! Just use the charging notification on the side as the notification light, we know you can do this with a firmware update Nokia!!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
gnirkatto

myn1126 wrote:

Hi all,

For assistance about any unresolved concerns or complaints about Nokia E6 battery, we highly recommend that you directly send or voice out your feedback directly to Nokia by contacting local Nokia Careline via phone or email by clicking on the "Contact Us" link at your local Nokia website.

Kind Regards

Thank you for the advice. I sent them 3 requests:

1. dissatisfying battery life

2. notification light invisible

3. no notification light for emails

all including  the request to outline if, when and how these problems will be resolved. I'm looking forward to their replies, will update the community accordingly.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
aimsbond

I have already lodged a complain with Nokia Bangladesh. In response they have sent me a cut/pest copy of how to save power on N97!!!!! while the complain was about E6.

From the forum discussion its apparent that E6 has serious battery issues and its shocking that Nokia is promoting a bad product with a misleading claim on battery life. Nokia should take these phones back and give us full refund.
Please use plain text.