Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E6 Unable to answer call when keys+screen lock...

Contributor
rdmu

E6 Unable to answer call when keys+screen locked

[ Edited ]

When going in "locked" mode for keys and screen (automatically, or by doing it myself via the

Key lock switch ), this also locks the "call key", making it impossible to answer an incoming call by merely pressing the call key. I first have to unlock keys and screen by using the

Key lock switch.

I have all the latest updates installed and already tried the obvious like restarting the phone, getting called by several fixed and mobile phones (to detect a 'pattern' - without success, as strangely enough 1 time out of 10 the key DOES respond as expected), changing the settings for the automatic key-locking,...

Anyone having the solution for this problem ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
apiyush1974

Re: E6 Unable to answer call when keys+screen locked

I am also facing the same problem. Can you please help if you have found solution for the same?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gogogo_none

weird, doesnt happen to my e6
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rdmu

Thought it could be due to me attributing specific calling tunes to specific contacts, but undoing these attributions (re-instating the standard Nokia tunes to the contacts) did not solve the problem.
Had the same thought with the contact-groups I installed (could this be the cause ?). But calls from people not belonging to my contacts at all have the same problem (call key can not be used when keyboard+screen locked)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
gogogo_none

First thing first, try to factory reset your e6.

Everytime I buy a phone, I always do that, I dont care about the deleted addendum anyway.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rdmu

factory reset was first thing done
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rdmu

b.t.w : refusing / ending the incoming call by pushing the "End Key" or the "Scroll Key" does work when in locked mode. So these keys are activated by an incoming call. (But the "Call Key" isn't)

Hardware error or software glitch ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gogogo_none

Probably hardware, because my mine doesn't. And I'm using firmware v22.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
apiyush1974

I wrote to Nokia Customer Care and they have suggested me to handover the phone at their repair centre after I take backup of the phone. Hope they resolve this problem.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rdmu

For the last two days now, picking up the call with the "call key" while in locked mode does work ! Same callers as before, so I suppose that these (or possible tunes attributed to them) were not linked to the problem.

The only "changes/actions" I performed before it suddenly worked (again) where loading the battery and using (once) the headphone. Was there a bad contact or something alike ? I don't know. But I as I have no more problems with it, I will close this issue. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
colo

Same problem here

Defenitly not a hardware problem with the button itself, because the button works fine when the phone is unlocked.

The problem started with firmware 022.xxx (At least 022.014 but maybe a little earlyer)

Today I updated to 025.007 but still the same problem.

The strange thing is that shortley after a reboot the buttons works fine for one or sometimes  a couple of times.

After that I have to use the touchscreen to answer an incoming call

Not how it's supposed to work.

Seems to be related to using an unlock code.

Why would such an unlock code diable the correct function of a hardware button to pickup a call??

Please Nokia, have a look at this!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rdmu

Just to mention that about 2 weeks after my last post in October, the problem re-appeared. I kind of learned to live with it.:smileysad:

But yes, it would be nice if Nokia had a look into the (software)problem AND solved it.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JohnAATC

[ Edited ]

Same problem and this phone is within days of going into the river. Something as basic as answering a call is ****BLEEP*** ridiculous!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kenonly

I have the same problem as the OP. I thought I was doing something wrong so decided to have a look in the User Guide. Guess what, no information about receiving a call!! This is, first and foremost, a phone and should surely function as one. Call button to make calls, answer button to receive calls. With all the other silly problems the E6 has I am regretting 'upgrading' from my E72 and shall be reviving it again.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kver

Same problem. I am on Nokia Belle now. Never buying Nokia again if this (and other problems) don't get fixed.
Anybody know a solution?
Please use plain text.
jolv

I was hoping Belle would fix this problem. It's ridiculous, surely it's just a software bug, it's incredibly annoying.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kver

I also noticed sometimes I cannot enter my security code when my phone is locked!
In that case I even have to remove the battery!
It appears sometimes the phone doesn't recognise any keyboard input at all.
Please fix this Nokia, thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Guje

Same problem here in Nokialand with my brand new E6 (Belle). I can't always answer my incoming calls and I can't either find anything about answering calls in the manual.

The other problem is that the GPS cannot tell me where exactly in Nokialand I am. The very same problem was found in a brand new N9 I bought 4 weeks ago. After 12 days Nokia service returned it unrepaired so I returned it to the store and got my money back. But I'm afraid that the store didn't get their money back from Nokia. May be they got it repaired - my be not....

So, does anyone here in forum know a mobile brand with working answering button and a GPS that can locate you better than 1.8 - 3.4 km

(sorry for crossposting once)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Guje

Funny phone this E6, :smileyhappy:

In my previous post I had problem answering calls. But not anymore. Instead I experienced problem with the buttons where you open messages and contacts. Nothing happened when I pressed them - until I powered down and restarted the phone. Now these buttons seems to work again.

Same thing with the GPS. It's working quite well now and definitely much better than my unrepaired N9.

Silly of me to just stay on my backyard and show the surroundings to the E6. I had to take it on a car ride so it could see the hole city before it knew where we was. Now it's also working inside house, and almost as good as all the reference instruments from Apple and TomTom. Not so bad!

So, if it's only a question of powering off/on the E6 now and then I think I can live with that. The other possibility of going through a new phone-changing-procedure is just too much.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Guje

Not so funny any more ... The c6 answering button was dead again today. Had to call back ( and pay for the phone calls )
Please use plain text.