Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E6 and UHS-I (10 class) 32GB microsd PROBLEM

Contributor
kalifsoup

E6 and UHS-I (10 class) 32GB microsd PROBLEM

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I Bought ADATA UHS-I 32GB microsd card to my nokia E6 phone.

I update to Symbian Belle.

I have some problems with it. 

Very often during file transfer the connection is breaked. Phone no longer detect the card.

Re-insertion the card helps. But it is annoying....

Anybody know this issue?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kalifsoup

Re: E6 and UHS-I (10 class) 32GB microsd PROBLEM

I placed my sdcard in other phones and and it work great.

So problem is due to firmware or hardware issue...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kalifsoup

Up
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Phantom3D

I have the same problem. The 32 gb card does not seem to work as intended. I works perfect in other phones. The 16gb card workd perfect in the E6. Strange!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
strelamcqueen

Same here, I have SanDisk 16GB C4 that doesn't work and Transcend 32GB C4 that doesn't work either. They both work ok in my E63.

I'm just about to send my E6 for reparation (got a suggestion in this forum).
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kalifsoup

[ Edited ]

It is so annoying! I spent 70$ for the best and fastest card and it won't work on phone, that support 32GB microSD cards!

So I still googlin. The problem probably is due to the power issue ( http://talk.maemo.org/archive/index.php/t-72789.html ).
All corps still workin for fix it, Nokia still be dumb.
Best solution that I find is there:

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1065520&mpage=1&print=true

... but I don't know if it works.

HOPE NOKIA COMMENT ON THISS ISSUE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE... :E

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

Hi

I have a 16GB SanDisk MicroSDHC in my E6 that has worked from day one - never glitched, blinked or hestitated once. It did come from my E72 and hasn't been formatted in the E6, which might be relevant, I don't know...

As I understand it, there's no guarantee that a very fast MiscroSD  - e.g. SanDisk Mobile Ultra Miscro SDHCcard will work unless specified...

Here's a link: http://sandisk.com/products/mobile1-memory-products/microsd-and-microsdhc-card

HM

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Phantom3D

I did now buy Nokia's own 32gb SDHC card. MU-45. This works perfectly so far. But quite a stiff price!
Please use plain text.
darine71

Trying cleaning the contacts on the SD card with a pencil eraser.  I did this with mine and so far no probblems.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kskartikeyan

I bought a Sandisk 8 gb memory card for my E6  which did not work. I had it replaced with a 32 gb one  which also does not work. I had data copied from my netbook  so that i could use the card  instead  it gives me an error everytime I try to access it using my E6 phone. Any solutions Nokia?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

I have used an 8GB SanDisk card in my E6 under Anna and Belle, and have had a SanDisk 16 GB in it since February. Perhaps the only solution is to give the phone a hard reset - backup all your data first (probably best to your PC in this case). SanDisk cards are usually the ones that work best - apart from Nokia's own, but they are overpriced in my humble opinion.
hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback.

Class 10 microSC memory cards are actually over spec and can cause compatibility issues with an E6 (as with most any other mobile phone). Class 4 (or class 6, but you will not see any noticeable improvement in speed) cards will work just fine.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mstandl

hi all,
have exactly the same problem with Sandisk 32gb C4 sd card. worked like a charm in my n8 but now its just annoying and i won't accept buying another card.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pyro_jen

Hey! I am going to buy a micro sd memory card of (Kingston 32gb class 10) Is it capable with E6 or should I buy Class 4 or 6. Plz help here. Thanx in advance...
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
frankwhite

: E6 and UHS-I (10 class) 32GB microsd PROBLEM

HI pyro_jen,

I just wanted to let you know that your Nokia device E6 is fully compatible with a 32 gb sd card.

For more infos i suggest you to check the link below.

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/products/phone/e6-00/specifications/

Regards

Frankwhite

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
frankwhite

Re: : E6 and UHS-I (10 class) 32GB microsd PROBLEM

You can also check that other link below.

http://www.kingston.com/en/flash/sd_cards#sd4

The classes are normally in relation with the speed. It depends on what you are going to use your sd card for.

Regards

Frankwhite
Please use plain text.