Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E6 - belle update problems - WIFI

12hans
Accepted Solution

E6 - belle update problems - WIFI

Hi Just updated my E6 to belle, I waited for update to be available in Slovenia. Now I have nice phone, not a smart phone. I did reset the phone several times.

Now I have problems:

1. connecting to WIFI, my phone finds my wifi network, I can connect to it, but soon the connection is lost and when I try to connect again - it finds the same network - market as unknown, (it does not remember the wepkey,....)

2. browsing the internet - problem because loosing connection to wifi network.

3. setting gmail only through wifi - I can set it up, when trying to download any mails, I get a notice- mobile connection is unavailable, but I cannot set it to connect via wifi - as I had it set with Anna.

4. connection settings for phone and apps  - I have less settings, cannot set it as I could with Anna.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Re: E6 - belle update problems - WIFI

WEP...Old router?

Delete all settings and restart the phone. This may occur if you didnt upgraded the phone with a clean update.

Start wifi again on the phone and try again put the settings in the phone.

Gprs/3G settings should be solved by your sim card with the reset and/or by new settings from your operator sending you sms with new settings.

Software reset and reinstall Belle through Nokia suite if no solution is obtained.

I am extremely impressed with 3G/wlan connectivity on E6 and 701 btw.

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Try change encryption to WPA2-PSK instead of wep on your router.

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Phantom3D

Try Setting - Connection - Setting - networkdestination and check where these WIFI's are located. Mine were under "Without category" But now I set then under internet. Could solve the problem..?
Please use plain text.
12hans

I gave up after few days of no solutions. But later I take out my memory card, formatted mass memory in phone, and did factory reset with delete data, and then it worked normally on some networks, but not my home.

The problems was router, that had an option to automatic selection on WPA2 security (there are two options), I set it to only one, now works fine.

Please use plain text.