Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E6 lack of shortcuts, unintelligent sound handling...

Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

E6 lack of shortcuts, unintelligent sound handling ++

I am getting on quite well with Belle on my E6, really, and I replaced Anna in a deliberate move to move on...

BUT. Coming from an E72 preceded by an E61i (both of which I still use) I have gripes.

The lack of Bluetooth or Silent keypad shortcuts I could easily live with if the dropdown menu worked at _every_ swipe, but it doesn't.

The longer Space bar has been commented here before. I've used a short spacebar for five years with no issues and I don't have smaller-than-average fingers or thumbs. I now have to use the Symbol key to get '&' and a comma.

When I listen to Internet radio on my E72 (which also has a more sensitive 3G antenna than my E6 BTW) it does intelligent things like: not cutting off the sound until I have selected headphone/line ... When I get home and unplug my headset or the cable to my Sony car radio audio, the sound immediately comes out of the speaker.

Not on the E6, which even requires me to un-pause the media player. If you are streaming radio you don't always get the signal back immediately and easily lose a couple of miniutes before getting back online - or lose the rest of a show if you paused it at some stage.

So here's a few things for the wish-list.

Oh, and I can't listen to Internet radio or podcasts on my (Nokia BH-216) Bluetooth headset any more, either.

Please let me know if any of my non-hardware-related comments are bugs...

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Vitoro

Re: E6 lack of shortcuts, unintelligent sound handling ++

hughm_nyksj_dk wrote:
The lack of Bluetooth or Silent keypad shortcuts I could easily live with if the dropdown menu worked at _every_ swipe, but it doesn't.

Actually it has shortcuts. Long press "*" for Bluetooth and long press "#" for Silent.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

Nice one! Thank-you for that!

HM

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
owca83

There are more bugs compare E6 to E72...

- you wont have NO EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS any more, no POPUP nothing:/,

- the battery works max 2 days..in E72  3 -max 4days

- no NOTIFICATION LIGHT like in the E72(the light is there but the DPad is not working with that

- to press '!' you have to press now 2 keys

- the DPad is no touchpad any more:/

- you cant have calendar info, Email inbox, clock and other ICONS on one screen any more...!

- no Autofocus

..just read the disussions here on this website..there are a lot more bugs..:/!

the torch is still there/ by pressing the LOCK key under. In E72 by pressing space

Please use plain text.