Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E61 gives "System Error. Please try again late...

E61 gives "System Error. Please try again later" when using Mail for Exchange.

Hello,

I have a problem with Mail For Exchange on the Nokia E61s we are using in our office.

When we try to synchronize one specific user on any of them all the Nokia E61s give the same error : "System Error. Please try again later." This problem has happened just recently, everything was working perfect and all of a sudden this user can't synchronize anymore on any of the E61s.

All our other users are connecting flawlessly on each E61. I also see that the E61 makes a connection to the Exchange Server as when I try with a wrong password the server replies with a wrong credentials statement.

I've already contacted Nokia and they state that they can't help me as I've tried all the cross-tests they would do. I got a lot of apologies but that doesn't help me.

Does any one else have the same problem or a solution for it?

Thanks in advance!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: E61 gives "System Error. Please try again later" when using Mail for Exchange.

Not much help really but I have the same problem.

Great phone, went out on a limb to get it, as the IT guys have standardised on Microsoft with ActivSync. I thought I'd get it running without any issues but I was wrong!

Not sure where to go now really. I guess I might have to return the phone if it's not compatible (for me at least).

Quentin
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: E61 gives "System Error. Please try again later" when using Mail for Exchange.

Anything useful in the admin log on the phone?
File manager-MailForExchange-admin_log#.txt

If you get one of the working phones and the phone that's failing and switch the accounts what happens? Does the failure stay with the phone or the user account? Could the user account have been modified on the server?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

For me nothing more than:

21/02/2007 8:26:28 OffPeakTime active
21/02/2007 8:26:39 HTTP error code=440
21/02/2007 8:26:39 Mail For Exchange Error 440
Please use plain text.
Advisor

FWIW

I downloaded Roadsync, and was up and running, with the same settings, in less than 10 minutes.....
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrey_gres

r1ng0,
Did you try different access points for synchronization?
Andrey
6150, 8310, 2100, 6310, 6310i, 6230, 6600, 6630, 6700, E60, N80, E61, N93
N95, E61i, E71, E72,8600, 5800, N8
Please use plain text.

When I look at the admin_log I just see the date + system error -40. The failure stays on the user account. The user account hasn't been changed on the server.
Please use plain text.

What do mean by different access points?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

For me, I used the same access point.

Q
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrey_gres

r1ng0,
Different access point means the access point which was defined in Settings->Connections menu.
Andrey
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Had exactly the same problem with an N73 (sync used to work and suddenly stopped producing a 'System Error')
redefining the outlook settings on the PC Suite synchronization resolved this
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrey_gres

Guys,
I found one solution for this issue. First of all, the access point has to be configured for secured connection. Secondly, connection in Mail4Exchange has to be configured for secured also. Try it. For my E60 everything works fine.
Andrey
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I uninstalled the working RoadSync and then re-installed the Mail for exchange software.

I configured up the connection to my exchange server, marking it as secure and got the "Syterm error, please try later message". I then went to tools/settings/connection/access points and marked my "Orange internet" access point (my 3G conenction) as being secure. It wasn't previously.

I still get "System. Please try later".... Have I done what you were suggesting?

Quentin
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrey_gres

Quentinc,
Does your mail box support for remote connection? Your mail administrator has to check that.
Andrey
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I will check.

Bottom line though is that all of our staff using windows mobile based phones are working with no issue. For myself, with the same account on exchange, with the same connection parameters, the same access point, and even the very same phone, with RoadSync, it works, with Nokia's software it doesn't....

Why would RoadSync on my e61, and everyone on their Sony phones, be able to work without support for remote connection?

Quentin
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrey_gres

What version of M4E do you use?
Andrey
Please use plain text.

Hello everyone,

I've given up finding a normal solution and just created a brand new account for the user.

Thanks for the input everyone!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

1.5.0 is what I am trying to use. Currently gone back to RoadSync.

Q
Please use plain text.
sagittarius

I have found the solution for my Nokia E50 (RM-170, V06.41.3.0, 24-10-2006). Operator: Life (Ukraine). Mail For Exchange 1.5.0 (for E-series).

The following error appeared before in admin_log1.txt: 372 Unable to establish a tunnel. The phone displayed the message: Connection Error. Try again later.

To resolve that I have removed proxy server use in my connection settings: Menu>Tools>Settings>Connection>Access Points. Choose "My Internet connection", Options>Advanced settings: Proxy serv. address - None, Proxy port number - 0. After that synchronization works fine. :smileyhappy:

So, M4E just doesn't know how to go thru a proxy in contrast to RoadSync. Probably it's not a severe fault, but it is vexatious issue that needs to be fixed in next releases.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

There must be more than one issue here as connection doesn't have a proxy set at all.

Quentin
Please use plain text.