Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

E61i - Connection error in “Dual mode”

Advisor

E61i - Connection error in “Dual mode”

Yesterday, after 2 months of normal usage, my E61i, settled on “dual mode”, stopped to work.
On the screen it appears instead of “3G” the symbol of an antenna (GSM connection) without the name of the operator.
If I try to make a call it doesn’t work and it gives “connection error”. When someone calls me, it gives the message "phone is switched off".
If I set the phone on “GSM mode”, it works but of course in GSM and not in UMTS (3G), and I need to use 3G in order to speed up the internet connection.
My Italian operator is Wind and if I transfer this sim in another phone (Nokia 6151 that is a more simple UMTS phone) the problem is exactly the same.
I tried to use a different sim Wind, and also in this case I have the same problem on both the phones.
With a sim of Vodafone all is ok.

Probably it is mainly a network problem, but I cant understand why the phone doesn’t switch automatically on GSM if UMTS signal is not present. The phone is not a “provider locked phone”, it is an original “Nokia” and it has been updated to firmware version 2.0633.65.01. The 3G signal was very good.
I’ve found a lot of posts concerning this problem, but the only suggestion is to change the network mode from "Dual Mode" to "GSM", and then back to "Dual Mode".
Unfortunately the above solution doesn’t work and consequently I’m starting a new topic hoping to receive some new suggestion in order to solve this problem.
Thank you and best regards
Piero