Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E63 Completely Erase All Data

Contributor
Accepted Solution

E63 Completely Erase All Data

Hi everyone,

I want to completely erase all phone memory and the Memory Card memory of my phone. I tried hard reset, still it doesn't work since when I install softwares, it asks that it already exists, which clearly tells me that some settings are still there. How can I delete everything totally? Earlier NSU allowed us to re format the phone even if there were no new updates available, however it doesn't allow it now.

So how can I completely remove all settings? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: E63 Completely Erase All Data

1. *#7780# - Restore factory settings - resets all the settings to the default ( you will not lose any data)
Make sure you back up your data as you will lose all of it when you perform option 2 or 3 on this list. The default code for all operations listed here is 12345

2. *#7370# - Reformat your phone

3. This you perform as a last resort. Nothing else is working.If the phone is not showing any activity, proceed with hard formatting , turn off your phone, hold the following buttons while pressing the power button. (the default code is 12345)
hard reset - hold the following buttons *, 3 (number button) and talk/green key. turn on the phone and do not release those buttons until you see the Nokia boot up screen. once you feel the phone power up you can let go off the power button while still holding all three buttons ( for Nokia 5800XM - use the following buttons to do a hard reset, GREEN/RED/CAMERA keys pressed all at once on power up. this will only work on 5800's that have firmware version 20... and up. )

If these codes are not working the only thing for you to do is contact your Nokia Care Center/Service for assistance.

use the code #3 to erase data from your phone. for your memory card to reformat you can put it in to a card reader and treat it like another external drive and wipe out the memory card apps via computer or there should be an option to format your memory card via phone.  

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.

Hi,

I've also tried to update my Nokia E63 and... I'm not sure exactly what happened. After updating when I tried to power on the phone on the screen appears the following:

RM437EN0874571920.a01

mode

mode

NOKIA

I've tried to hardreset the phone in all possible ways but still the same - these 4 rows on the screen! Help me please! I don't know what to do next.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

Your phone has a software fault, unfortunately if a hard reset won't fix it you have no other choice than to have it repaired by a Nokia service point, but problems caused by NSU are covered by the warranty so it won't cost you.
Please use plain text.
mujik

Had an same issue with an upgrade from v2 to the newest v4 on my E71. Phone booted ok after the update but failed when I did a full restore of my backup - only message was the "Contact your retailer" :smileysad:

Full marks to - the reset he suggested worked on a treat the dead E71. After the hard reset, I manually reentered the mail and basic theme settings and have since restored my contacts and messages from backup. I think there may be a miss match between the old settings and the current firmware/os but I have my messages and contacts and it probably could have done with a clear out of the old settings.

Not going to try and restore the old settings - couldn't risk two heart attacks in one night. :smileyhappy:

thanks

Paul R

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ricky_zinn

thank u soo much!
it rly helped :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Stuartdejun

thank you so much!:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ashugupta9643

THANKU VERY MUCH. THIS POST SAVED MY 1500 BUCKS.

My ph (E63) got the same prob of phone being dead while software update and the only msg coming on screen was "NOKIA". I tried my alternatives but nothing helped. I took my phone to Nokia care center. They demanded Rs.1500 for repairing. I denied for giving such amt and come back to home with unrepaired phone. After 2-3 days i came to know abt hard formatting frm a fren. I searched on net abt hard formatting n red this post. I tried following above steps and ph got perfectly normal.

Thanku again.

The nokia care personnels r rascals. **bleep**. for wht they were chargin Rs.1500. I really wanna give a **bleep** to these persons appointed ny nokia only. U need to understand tht customers r nt blind at all. Stop cheating us...........

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sathyajithvinu

:thumbsup: Thanks a Lot Bro.. I got my Phone Back...

Nokia CC & Local Tecs confirmed that its charging chip got damaged after drawning into a bucket of water and it made me to buy a travel charger and finally to select another smart phone. But You made my phone alive after folowing you Hard reset Tips.. kudos to you. Thanks a Ton.

BR,

Sathyajith

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rish111

thanx so much bro. u svaed my day

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mihir101

hard reset step works perfectly for me. Thank you

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Elochuksintl

I am also faced with the same problem because i have been trying to install Whatsapp Messenger software in my Nokia E63 but it refused installation and will always report "File Corrupted'  and now when i try to remove some previous installed applications in my phone they refused also and i know left with  know option that to decide to reset/re-format my phone so that i can install the 'Whatsapp' in my phone.

And i have tried to reset/ reformat my phone with this  code"*#7780# and *#7370# and a prompt came up and i say "yes" but it request for a lock code and i put 12345 and it still refuse.

please i need a help on this.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Elochuksintl wrote:

I am also faced with the same problem because i have been trying to install Whatsapp Messenger software in my Nokia E63 but it refused installation and will always report "File Corrupted'  and now when i try to remove some previous installed applications in my phone they refused also and i know left with  know option that to decide to reset/re-format my phone so that i can install the 'Whatsapp' in my phone.

And i have tried to reset/ reformat my phone with this  code"*#7780# and *#7370# and a prompt came up and i say "yes" but it request for a lock code and i put 12345 and it still refuse.

please i need a help on this.

This means the code 12345 that you are entering is not getting registered. Have you changed the code and set your own ? In that case you need to enter that one. If you do not remember or otherwise, the only way to get it reset is thru' Nokia Care. Do not forget to carry a proof of ownership (Bill / Invoice)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
optimistmayur

[ Edited ]

Hi. i have problem in installing facebook application. it is showing its already install and want to replace ? i select yes but aftr dat message appear unable to install. i reset phone 2 times but keeps shoing same error message plz help me. 

reagards

mayur parmar 

Moderator's note: Personal information removed. It is not recommended to post personal info as Discussions is a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

optimistmayur wrote:

Hi. i have problem in installing facebook application. it is showing its already install and want to replace ? i select yes but aftr dat message appear unable to install. i reset phone 2 times but keeps shoing same error message plz help me. 

reagards

mayur parmar 

If it is already installed, did you try un-installing that first ?

Moderator's note: Personal info removed from the quote.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
optimistmayur

its not showing in my apps.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yashvsc

Hello.

Buddy i need your help.

There were too many issues with my phone.

So i performed the step 3 (hard formatting) shown by you in the post.

It first seemed to work but it then asked for passcode 

And 12345 is not key. ? ? ?

And i tried many other combination but it didnt work.

If could help. ? ?

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

In fact the 3 Finger Hard Reset should not ask for any Security Code. 

Anyways, By default the code is 12345 unless changed by the user. In such case the user defined code needs to be entered. If NO code is working, the ONLY way to get it reset is thru' Nokia Care . A proof of ownership (Bill / Invoice) may be needed ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shah11

I WAS UPDATING MY NOKIA E63 THROUGH NOKIA PC SUIT.....AFTER BACKUP  A MESSAGE APPEARED THAT SOMETHING WENT WRONG.....

SO MY MOBILE SWITCHED OFF AUTOMATICALLY...... BUT NOW I AM NOT ABLE 2 START IT.... WHEN I TRY 2 SWITCH IT ON IT ONLY BLINK A LIGHT AFTER A WHILE IT SWITCHS OFF......      

PLZ HELP ME.....:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Have a look at this resource: discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Recovering-from-a-failed-firmware-update/td-p/398147

It depends upon the timing at which process failed and you may well have to visit Nokia Care facility for device software to be re-installed.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.