Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E63 cannot send text messages

Registered Member
clairiffic

E63 cannot send text messages

I have no problem getting text messages, but when I try to send one, it immediately goes to the outbox and says will resend in a few minutes. After a few minutes it immediately changes the time that it will resend the message. It doesn't even try to send a text message. I took the SIM out and put it in a new phone and was able to send messages just fine. Anyone else have this problem? Could I possibly have accidentally changed some kind of setting?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Contact your SP for the right messagecenter settings.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
asrathar

Dear Sir/Madam,
Hope you all are fine!

Mostly this problem is solved by resotring factory setting,
if not then try doing the following to solve this problem,

Before all these operations I recommend you TAKE OUT MEMORY CARD and DO A BACK UP OF YOUR STUFF!!!
AS  BECAUSE I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE!!!

1. *#7780# - Restore factory settings - resets all the settings to the default ( you will not lose any data )
Make sure you back up your data as you will lose all of it when you perform option 2 on this list. The default code for ALL operations listed here is 12345

2. *#7370# - Reformat your phone (out of the box, tho keep in mind that most newer nokia phones at least n series, e series and s60 based phones have udp - user data preservation so not ALL data may be lost. still it is a good idea to always do a back up of your stuff.)

I Hope the above is helpful to you people,

Regards!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
neeravjain29

i tried both the ways... But its still not solved... My E63 is not able to send msg... And in details its giving time-out or already in use...
The problem is such tht... It is able to send small msg of abt 60 characters but not above that....
I need help...
Please use plain text.