Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E63 firmware v500.21.009 Query

Advisor
sounava
Accepted Solution

E63 firmware v500.21.009 Query

I updated the firmware of my E63 to v500.21.009 using OVI Suite.
According to the changelog, the new firmware does the following among other things:

"Comes with music with upgraded music player".

But, the music player seems exactly the same to me, with the same interface, same sound quality and all. Am I missing something?

Also, about the Comes With Music thing, what exactly is it supposed to do? I thought I will get unlimited music downloads from the OVI Store. But when I am trying to activate the Unlimited Music thing from OVI Player (in PC) or from the Music Store app in the phone, it is shown that "Sorry your phone is not a unlimited music phone". So what exactly am I supposed to get with this "Comes with music" thing?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sounava

So is this "Comes With Music" thing a pure bluff on the part of Nokia?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kinaton

Most of the stuff Nokia Advertises is a bluff

E63 phones do NOT come with "comes with music", nor more than it comes free MAPS and Navigation (advert changed used to say FREE NAVIGATION with all Smart phones)

NOKIA are still falsely advertising..!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sounava

Yes I guess so. The facebook app has stopped working, the OVI maps is gone, the "Comes with Music" is a bluff. Good going Nokia. This is the exact response you need before trying to tap new customers with WP7 phones.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

The E63 has never been a Comes With Music device, and has never been advertised as such by Nokia, nor did any information officially published to the public mention this. The music player will be the same installed on a number of similar devices, so any changes that relate to CWM will be specific to those models that supported CWM.

The free navigation in Ovi Maps is dependent on version 3.01 or later of the Maps application in the device, is was not possible to reverse-engineer some of the older devices to run the updated version.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Sage
umairkhan

[ Edited ]

When this update would be available for Rm-437 Product Code : 0576447.

If you like my post or think it was useful then please hit the star button. Thanks :-)
Please use plain text.
Sage
umairkhan

[ Edited ]

any techincal department please if you can shed light on my query regarding firmware update.

If you like my post or think it was useful then please hit the star button. Thanks :-)
Please use plain text.